Planning and Introducing Class Procedures

With the beginning of school looming in the not-so-distant future, I wanted to share two things I've used for the ever-important task of planning for and teaching my classroom procedures.

Each year, the first week is comprised of get-to-know-you activities, simple lessons to ease the students back into the learning zone, and classroom procedures.

Each day we review them, practice them, and talk about them.

The first week is crucial for setting the tone in your room. As the teacher, you want to appear confident, organized, and firm-but-friendly. 

I have created this handy-dandy procedure list to keep myself straight:
The best part? It's FREE!
You can download this FREEBIE from my TpT store and use it to plan out how you want your students to do almost anything in the classroom.

Once you've decided on your procedures, you can keep your classroom running smoothly by using these Interactive Notebook Foldables to teach your students the routines and procedures in your classroom: 
This is a FUN & ENGAGING way to go over how things run in your classroom - plus the students can refer back to them throughout the year if needed.
Snag this packet for only $5:


SaveSave

2 comments

  1. Such a clever idea! But then, you are always so creative. Into what notebook do you have your students place these foldables? I have notebooks for Religion, Language Arts, Spelling, and Science. I'm thinking probably Religion for my kiddos since that is where we discuss and learn about Christian behaviors.

    Hope all is very well at home with you and your family! Your son is just adorable and growing so fast!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela-
      Thanks for your sweet note!

      I usually have my students put these on a file folder that is specifically for Class Procedures - so it doesn't actually go in a notebook, per say. However, I think your idea of putting them in the Religion journal sounds great!

      Delete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top