The Children Who Loved Books

Have you read this book?
If not - you must run - yes RUN - to your nearest bookstore or library and get it.
Immediately.

The Children Who Loved Books is a heart-warming story about children who do not have a lot of material things, but they learn that if they have books and family, they have all that they need. It's a cute story with a wonderful message - and I love it so much that I've created some supplemental resources to help you incorporate this story in your classroom:

This 10-page print-and-go packet includes:
Reading Comprehension Quiz
This quiz includes a combination of short answer, true/false, and multiple choice questions. An answer key is included.
 Story Details Graphic Organizer 
Suggested answer key provided
 
An interactive notebook foldable for the students to use to record the books that they read:
Because you could use this foldable without the book - but why would you when the book is so wonderful?!? :) - I am making this a special FREEBIE for my faithful blog readers. Click here to download the foldable for FREE: 

Imagine If... Visualizing/Writing Activity
Family Reading Project
This optional take-home project asks families to read four books (or more!) together over the span of one moth. The student records the books he reads, the family members he reads with, and his favorite.

All of these activities are included in my fun, engaging, print-and-go packet:
You can purchase the book on Amazon - it's definitely one you'll want to add to your home or classroom library:

1 comment

  1. I LOVE it! I have it in my Amazon cart right now! Thanks so much for the recommendation!
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top