Summer Share & Prepare: Author Study FREEBIE

I love stories.
I love unraveling mysteries and
learning about other parts of the world.
I love traveling through time and going on daring adventures.

I also love hearing about the authors behind the stories.
I love to learn the background that inspired their grand tales.
And I seek to instill that love in my students.
One of the ways I do that is by assigning them a short research project on an author of their choice:
It's a simple one-page assignment that gets them used to researching a specific topic and reporting their findings.
I assign my students this project at the beginning of the school year. Throughout the year, I display their Author Study pages
(for one week at a time) in the Author's Spotlight section of the classroom library. 
If I have any books by the author that they choose,
I pull them to be featured:
The students love seeing their Author Study page on display - they look forward to "their week" all year long!

*Note: I usually prep two or three during the summer to use the first few weeks of school. It gives the students an idea of what I'm looking for and allows me to highlight some lesser-known authors that I have come to love. Download the packet now and make your examples while you're enjoying some downtime this summer, so you're all set to go in the fall.

You can snag this Author Study project
for FREE from my TPT store:
While you're there, become a follower to be alerted when new products are posted!

I'm linking up this idea with Marie from "Once Upon a Classroom"
Displaying Slide1.jpg
Hop on by to check out other products that will help you prepare for next year!

3 comments :

  1. What a terrific idea! I love how you feature each student's author study in your classroom library for one week! I am sure they look forward to it. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! I bet the kiddos really look forward to their week. Thanks for sharing :)
    Julie
    The Techie Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone. I will definitely use this next year. I think it will really engage my kids. It will be great to use in conjunction with book talks.
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.