Fuel Your Faith:The Battle Against Worry

Happy Friday, friends!
It's time for...
As a new mom, worry is a daily struggle.
I worry about being a good mom, about how my baby is eating, sleeping, and growing, about budgeting, about staying home with him in the fall, about my new identity, about how I am going to juggle it all, etc.
 Quote on anxiety: Worrying is like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain.
But in the quiet hours of the morning, with a snoozing baby in my arms and an open Bible, God draws me near to Himself and tells me not to worry, because He is in control.
And then I started thinking about the things I was giving up by worrying: my rest, my sleep (a precious thing right now!) time spent simply enjoying my new little guy, the peace in my heart.
And those things are too important for me to hand them over for the sake of worrying. So I made a conscious choice to lay down my worries and commit them to the Lord, for He has promised to carry our burdens.
Worrying is never good! Worrying doesn't take away tomorrows troubles. It takes away today's peace.
I was drawn to this promise from the Bible:
What an encouraging and challenging thought!
I pray that you, my dear readers, would cling to the One who generously gives you peace in place of worry.

Now it's your turn! If you would like to share something that's been on your heart that could encourage someone else, please link up! If you do not have a blog, please leave a verse/song lyric/quote in the comments section. 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.