Summer Share & Prepare: First Day Jitters

Howdy folks!
Happy Thursday :)

Today I am joining Marie from Once Upon a Classroom 
Displaying Slide1.jpg

The idea is to share a product that other teachers can use to prepare for the upcoming school year. The product I've chosen to highlight is a packet that accompanies the awesome book 
First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg
Synopsis: (from Amazon) Everyone knows that sinking feeling in the pit of the stomach just before diving into a new situation. Sarah Jane Hartwell is scared and doesn't want to start over at a new school. She doesn't know anybody, and nobody knows her. It will be awful. She just knows it. With much prodding from Mr. Hartwell, Sarah Jane reluctantly pulls herself together and goes to school. She is quickly befriended by Mrs. Burton, who helps smooth her jittery transition. This charming and familiar story will delight readers with its surprise ending.

The book is a great launching pad for discussions
about any "jitters" we might be feeling as well as a community building activity.

To go with this book, I've created a fun and engaging packet:

 We don't use all of the activities on the first day (of course!) but I'll refer back to the book throughout the week and sprinkle in activities as we go. You can grab the 25 page packet for only $3!

Stock up now and make your lesson planning for the first week of school a breeze! :)

Hop on over to Marie's blog to see other fantastic products to help you prepare for the fall!
Displaying Slide1.jpg

1 comment :

  1. I always read this book to my students on the first day of school! There's always so much to do at that time that I know I won't have time to spend creating activities to go with it. This is such a great idea!!! Thanks for linking up! I'm excited to check out more of your products.
    Marie
    Once Upon a Classroom: A Teacher's Tales

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.