My Personal Side: My Favorite Mug

As a blogger, I love getting to know the people behind the blogs. One of the most rewarding things about blogging and TPT is the connections I have made with other bloggers and sellers. 
I refer to them as my blogging buddies - and they have impacted me immeasurably through their advice, encouragement, and inspiration. 

While it's so rewarding to glean teaching ideas from my blogging buddies - it's also fun to read something non-teachery. 
To get to know small tidbits about their regular lives.

Molly from Classroom Confections has a fun new linky called 
"My Personal Side." This week she's asking bloggers to share their favorite cup or mug, 
I'm going to share my favorite of each :)

Here's my favorite cup - usually filled with Diet Dr. Pepper, 
peach iced tea, or water:
I got this cup in New York City when I went to see my one of my all-time favorite musicals, Wicked.  It reminds me of NYC life, exploring different neighborhoods, and seeing countless Broadway shows with friends and family. While I love living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, I do miss the hustle and bustle of Manhattan. 

I love the cup because it's light and easy to pick up with a baby in one arm :) I always drink with a straw - and a cold drink must have ice cubes in it!

And here's my favorite mug:
It's covered in Jane Austen quotes and is usually filled with hot apple cider, hot chocolate, or tea. Coffee makes it's way in there occasionally - but only with lots of sugar and creamer :)

I love me some Jane Austen - I have read Pride & Prejudice way too many times. I collect different copies of the book - I think I'm up to 8 :) To me, the Jane Austen mug epitomizes rest and relaxation: a cup of tea and a good book - it just doesn't get any better than that!

When I am drinking tea, I love to use my cute little infuser buddy:
What about you? Hop on over to Classroom Confections
or leave a comment here with your favorite cup/mug and the story behind it!

1 comment :

  1. Jane Austen = love! I teach American Lit, so I sadly don't get to touch on Austen. I love your mug though!

    Krisanna
    Simply Secondary

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.