Birthdays in the Classroom

Happy Thursday from beautiful, sunny, Spring-is-on-its-way Seattle :)

Today I want to show you my birthday chart:
 I cut out suitcases (using my handy-dandy Cricut!) and labeled each with one of the 12 months. Then, I wrote each students' birthday on a yellow "luggage tag" and attached it to the appropriate month. It's cute and easy for me to look at a glance to see who's birthdays are coming up this month.

On a student's birthday, they come into the classroom to find this on their desk:
The birthday certificate can be used as a Free Homework Pass.
The "Crazy Cool" balloon is a crazy straw with a packet of Kool-Aid attached :)
You can grab the balloon template for FREE by clicking here:

About 2 weeks before each student's birthday, I give them a blank "All About Me" newspaper (that I got from Lakeshore) that they will out and bring in on their birthday. After they present them, I hang them in the hallway outside the classroom.
 

No comments

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top