Pick 3 Pinterest Party: January

Happy Tuesday, friends!
Well - we did it! We survived the first day back to school :)
My fifth graders were such troopers - they were very quiet (probably from staying up too late over break!) and were eager to get back into the zone and work hard
(although fractions took a little coaxing...)

I'm linking up with two great bloggers - Inspired Owl's Corner and PAWSitively Teaching! - for their Pick 3 Pinterest Party!
Here are 3 Pinterest ideas I plan to use this month:
Each January, I love reading the book Snowflake Bentley
Great Book, true story. Sierra read it to me this weekend.
This year, we're going to make this cute lap book character to supplement our study of the book:
Buzzing with Ms. B: Snowflake Bentley Biography Folded Flap Book from our Biography Study: fun ways to conclude our unit!

For Art class, we're going to learn about aerial perspective with this fun "birds-eye-view" snowman:
snowman; perspective - teaching point of view?
Lastly, we're going to discuss character traits that 
Martin Luther King Jr. exemplified:
Inside the Head of a Leader....great activity for MLK day but could be used with other Leaders too.
And discuss how the students can start now developing their leadership qualities:
Inside the Head of a (future) Leader

What FUN & ENGAGING activities are you planning this month?
Hop on over to link up - or leave a pin in the comments. I would love some more ideas to supplement this long month! :)

And, if you're not already, make sure you're 

4 comments

  1. I love the MLK lesson. What a wonderful way to connect to student leadership.

    Kim
    Quinnessential Lessons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pins! I Great idea for character study! And I love the perspective art project. Great MLK activity too! Thank you for sharing and linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teacher I was with for my internship in seventh grade had a similar idea to the inside the head pin.He used it as a get to know you activity where students traced around a friends head for them and then the student fill their own head with things they like and enjoy. Some boys had drawn pictures of footballs and xbox's as an example. It is a very versatile idea and this just reminded me of it :)
    Sheri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great leadership qualities chart! Thanks for sharing such great pins!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top