Tried-It Tuesday: Postcard Exchange

Just popping in to share a fun idea I'm trying this year...
a country-wide Postcard Exchange!
Over the summer I signed up to represent Washington state in a blogger postcard exchange.

I created this fun bulletin board to track the states that we receive postcards from:
I got this awesome map from Wal-mart for $5 in August.

Here is the postcard our class is sending. 
I made them on Vistaprint:
 Here are some of the postcards we've received:
It's been so fun to read the news from classrooms around the country. Plus, we sort the postcards by region, so it serves as a great Geography lesson!

I ordered a ton of extra postcards, so if you'd like me to mail one to your classroom (and you're not part of the exchange), e-mail me your school address at joyinthejourneyteaching@yahoo.com

Looking for more ideas to TRY in your classroom? 
Hop on over to Holly's blog to check out 
Tried-It Tuesday.

2 comments :

  1. This is great, Jessica!! How fun! I bet your students are so excited to get postcards from other schools around the country. Thanks so much for sharing and linking up! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper
    P.S. SO happy to hear your exciting news!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.