Fun and Easy Get-to-Know-You Game!

Howdy friends!
Well I survived the first two weeks and I couldn't be happier with my group of kiddos! They are sweet. eager, and cheerful - a teacher's dream! :)
I come home pooped each afternoon
...but it's a good kind of tired.
Amen! I slept for over 12 hours last night! :)

Today I want to share a quick and easy way to get to know your class. I started out with a regular inflatable beach ball:
I bought mine at the dollar store - or you can order it on Amazon here.

Then I wrote a bunch of get-to-know you questions all over it:
 
We went outside and gathered in a circle.
A student threw the ball to a classmate and wherever their right thumb landed, that was the question they had to answer.

The kids had a blast and it was a fun way for them to learn interesting things about their new classmates. I loved seeing them let loose, laugh, and open up with one another. It really helped to gel our class - and set the tone for an awesome school year!

Want to pin this idea for later?

I'd love to know:
What is your favorite get-to-know-you game?!?


Signature

3 comments

  1. I love this idea! I wish I had known about it for my first days of school. I will definitely use this next year. Thanks for sharing!

    Olivia
    Liv and Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What consequences do you use for negative behavior? I still feel like there should be consequences the day of the bad behavior.

    Regards
    Pawan| Laptop Repairing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this fun idea. I'm going to use it to get too know my new students. I'm taking over an 8th grade class in the middle of the year, and I was looking for an ice breaker. This is great.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top