Fuel Your Faith: Living by Emotions?

Today's "Fuel Your Faith" comes from a popular song by Casting Crowns. This song. "East to West" has really stuck with me - I love the message of Christ's forgiveness that is available to all who ask. Psalm 103:12 says "as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us"
The song "East to West" is on the KSBJ Afternoon show right now...so awesome that the lyrics are straight from the pages of the Bible! Thank you, Lord, that you forgive us "far as the East is from the West".
The line that really hits home with me comes from the bridge:

Confession time: I am such an emotional person. I cry when I'm happy, I cry when I'm sad, and I especially cry when I'm tired. Too often I let my emotions dictate my attitude and my behavior. The Lord has been working in my heart to bring me to a place of maturity where I won't rely solely on my emotions - I will look to Him and to His Word to determine what is true. And I will speak truth into my heart. 

When my emotions tell me I'm lonely or rejected, God's Word says "But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved" Ephesians 2:4-5

When I feel frightened or unable to face a challenge, God's Word says "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

When I feel anxious or overwhelmed, God's Word says "Cast all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

I hope this post can be of some encouragement - sometimes we need to stop listening to our emotions and flood our hearts with truth from God's Word.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now it's your turn!
(if you'd like to use this template, right click on the picture and copy it. Then paste it into PowerPoint and insert text boxes to add your own details. When you're done, select all, then right click and save as a picture. Then you'll be all set to insert it into your blog post!) 



2 comments

  1. I love your linky idea!! I'm in! Your blog is beautiful. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Cast all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7
    This is one I need to have pasted everywhere when school starts. It's easy to become overwhelmed as summer comes to an end. The stress seems to be my only focus. I need to learn to slow down and take the time to pray and give my worries to Him.
    Thanks for the reminder:)

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top