Tagxedo Collages

I should be sleeping in this Saturday morning, but I can't because I am simply too excited!
hello, summer
That's right - yesterday was my last day of school with the kiddos and now I am oh-so-ready for some summer lovin'! :)
I've got an action-packed summer planned, filled with moving, the TPT conference in Vegas (woohoo!), and two glorious weeks in Hawaii! In between these trips, I've got a TPT and blogging to-do list a mile long :)

To kick off my summer, I want to share an idea that you can use for school, for home, for church, for gifts, etc.
Today I'm going to share an
amazing website I stumbled on through Pinterest:

It's like wordle...only better :)
Here's an example I made for my students yesterday:

Because my classroom is travel-themed, I thought it would be fun to put their name in the shape of an airplane. I tacked on the "Soaring into 6th Grade" title and voila - instant display! The kids LOVED searching for their name over and over.
Here are the steps to create a tagxedo creation:
1. Go to www.tagxedo.com and click on "Start Now"
2. Load your words: 
You can either type in your words or enter the url of a websiteto gather words
Here's one I created by typing in my blog url:
*Note: If you're planning to enter two words that go together (i.e. Fifth Grade), I type them together to keep them together in your picture (i.e. FifthGrade)

2. Choose your shape

3. Change the THEME, or the color scheme: 
 

4. Save or Print
*Voila!*  That's it :)

Project Examples:
Here is a project I made for my students as an end of the year gift last year.
I made two different tagxedos: 
1. One with all of their names
 2. and one with fifth-grade related words:
And then I saved the images and
combined them together to make a keepsake:

Here are some other examples I have made,
both for home and for the classroom:
1. This is for my mom's birthday
2. This is a camping-themed one, 
as a keepsake of our Memorial Day camping trip:
3. This is hanging behind my desk, 
representing all of the things that bring me joy :)

4. This is a summer-themed one because 
I am oh-sooooo-ready for SUMMER!
Same words, but different color scheme:
 Hop on over to tagxedo to create someone of your own.
But I will warn you...it is very addicting :)

4 comments

  1. Can you believe I have not used Tagxedo - only wordle. I do not know what I am waiting for!! My daughters received awesome shirts from their school with a Tagxedo heart with words all about kindness and different virtues - it is awesome. I want to do a similar thing for my new school. These are great gifts - I think I may have to give this a whirl next weekend for my students too : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Jessica, I can see that we are both word cloud fans! I loved your post about word clouds using Tagxedo. Thanks for sharing this great interactive tech tool.

    Nicole
    Mrs, Rios Teaches Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing so many examples of your creativity! And, of course, you incorporated the plane! I think we find a way to incorporate our travel and heels into everything we do! LOL! I've only used Wordle, but I'm off to explore Tagxedo! Thanks for linking up!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is in my planbook for this last week of school. Last week I had my students write a word or phrase that describes each of their classmates. Tomorrow we are going to the computer lab to type up the lists and add them to our reflections writing portfolio. Great minds Jessica.. great minds :)
    Michele
    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top