Tried It Tuesday: April Showers Bring...Reading Hours

Month of April Rain
"April Showers Bring May Flowers...
Reading Hours!"
Little Girl Reading a School Book
Last week, rain poured down - and I couldn't have been more pleased :) I have been waiting for rain to do this fun activity with a play on the popular expression, "April Showers Bring May Flowers"

I paired up my students and let them choose a book to partner-read. Then, they worked together to fill in this raindrop graphic organizer with important story details:
 
I collected them and put them up on a bulletin board entitled, 
"April Showers Bring...Reading Hours"
Isn't it cute?!

And just for you, I've created a simple, print-and-go, FREE packet that you can use in your classroom. Check it out:
I've included a bulletin board title (with clipart) as well as two separate graphic organizers for you to choose from:
  

Click HERE to download your FREE copy.
~Enjoy!~
*If you download it, please take a moment to leave feedback!*

What have you TRIED lately? 
Hop on over to Holly's page to read some awesome ideas from teachers around the country or link up your own fabulous activities.

2 comments :

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.