Memorial Day Activity Packet

Happy Memorial Day, friends!
MEMORIAL DAY PRINTABLE3
I am so thankful for the brave men and women who sacrifice their lives to keep us safe.

I love this song by Avalon - it's called "For Freedom"

I want my students to know that Memorial Day is not about having barbecues with family and friends. To enhance a study of Memorial Day, I've created this fun and engaging packet:
The activities are easy to understand and 0 work for the teacher - just hand out and watch their comprehension soar :)
Here's a preview of what's included:
Here's my plan for Tuesday:
We're going to use the KWL chart as an introduction and then fill in the "L" chart after reading the comprehension passage. 
The Parts of Speech sort and the Vocabulary page will be morning work.
We're going to be completing the letters and sending them to my cousin, who is currently serving in the Army. Writing to a real-life soldier will provide motivation and context for even my most-reluctant writers.

Click HERE to snag the packet for only $2 :)

No comments

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top