Sparking Student Motvation: Testing Encouragement Cards

Whew! We survived...
Testing Week!
dun dun dun
:)

Today I'm linking up with my bud, Joanne, from Head Over Heels for Teaching, to share an idea that both motivated and encouraged my students this week. The idea comes from my dear friend, Rose, who blogs over at Rosie's Rambles:
Rosie's Rambles
She created this cute and practical packet of Testing Encouragement Cards:
Testing Encouragement Cards
These cards are the perfect little note to encourage your students to keep working hard!
We tested for four days this week, so I put one card on each students' desk each morning:
The first day I gave them little Testing Survival Kits that I had put together:
 Tuesday they came in to find these notes:
Wednesday I waited until halfway through the morning to pass out these delicious cards:
And on the last day, Thursday, I gave them a final note to let them know how proud I was of their hard work all week:
*Instead of candy on this one, I put two of our classroom tickets on each desk.
*I printed the cards in B&W to save ink - but copied them on colorful paper to add pizzazz!

You can snag these encouragement cards for only $1 from Rosie's TPT store. 
Use one or use them all - for a buck, it's a bargain! :)

Also, she has given me permission to give away a set for FREE!
Here's how to play:
1. Go to Rosie's Rambles and follow her blog
2. Leave a comment on this blog post with your name, your e-mail, and your tips for surviving the endless hours of proctoring during a standardized test :)

3 comments :

  1. Love the Rock Star one. That would be perfect for my class theme!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky to be done with testing! I'll be done next week! I have little notes of encouragement for my kiddos too! It's such a thoughtful way to show you care...very motivating! Thanks for sharing and linking up!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do those types of notes for each test (one before the test starts, and then one in the middle during their "snack break"), but I try to look for some new fun ones each year. I might try out the survival kit one this year. We do our testing in the computer lab, and we're allowed to bring things with us, so I try to be prepared with everything I need so I don't have to wait for someone to come relieve me before I can go get what I forgot. At least that way, the day feels like I accomplished a little bit, instead of nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.