Fuel Your Faith: Who is Jesus?

Happy Friday, friends!
Today, the first Friday of the month, is "jeans day" for all of the teachers, so I am happily zooming around my classroom in jeans and tennis shoes. Nothing motivates this little teacher to get out of bed more than the promise of jeans and comfy shoes! :)

This week was extra-special in my classroom because it was our turn to present at the Elementary school chapel. We have been grappling with the question of "Who is Jesus?" - an important question that my kiddos need to own for themselves.
For today's "Fuel Your Faith" I'm going to show you a breakdown of our chapel presentation.
We started off with this video:

Then we contrasted these non-Christian perspectives with that we believe: Jesus Christ is the Son of God, an important member of the Trinity. He was sent to Earth, fully God and fully man. He came on a mission: to be crucified on the cross, bearing the sins of humanity, in a redemption plan to offer forgiveness and everlasting life to a lost and dying world. 
Salvation is found in Jesus alone.

Then one of my sweet boys spoke directly to the audience: If we were to ask you the question, “where is Jesus mentioned in the Bible?” you would probably answer that he is found in the Gospels, or the first four books of the New Testament. You might even mention the prophecies told about Jesus in the
Old Testament. But what if we told you that all of Scripture points to Jesus?...

Then we recited "Jesus in Every Book of the Bible"

Each student memorized three books of the Bible that how the truth of Jesus is developed in those books.

After that we stood and recited John 1:1-14

It took a LOT of practice to memorize this passage - but it was definitely worth it!
Then we sang this song, "You Are Holy" (Prince of Peace" which speaks the truth about who Jesus is by listing qualities:


and lastly, the kiddos made personal public declarations of who they believe Jesus is:
 
If you'd like to do a similar activity with your students, Sunday school kiddos, or your own children, you can download this template for FREE here:
The kiddos created this collage, 
listing names and qualities of Jesus:
Phew! What a great day - and a lot of work! :) It was so motivating to hear these 10- and 11-year olds proclaim the truth of who Jesus is. I hope your faith was fueled reading this :)

Because of it's motivation-inspiring message (for both kids and adults) I'm linking this idea up with my buddy, Joanne, from "Head Over Heels for Teaching"

Hop on over and see other MOTIVATING ideas :)

4 comments :

  1. What a sweet post! I just love all the ideas you've used here. I be "borrowing" these for Children's Church. Thanks for the freebie!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very touching post Jessica! I love their declarations and the collage is amazing! What a great message to share! Thanks for linking up friend! :)
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated you for a sunshine blogger award. You can check it out here
    http://learningtobeawesome.blogspot.co.nz/2014/03/just-checking-in.html
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post. I'm so excited to find your blog and the Fuel Your Faith Fridays. I'm finishing up my education degree at Liberty University with the goal of teaching in one of the Christian schools in my area. I love the public declarations. Thanks so much for the great idea and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.