Your Teacher Is Praying For You!

This morning my Cricut has been getting a workout, working on several projects I've been planning to do all break :) I love to have my Cricut cut out bulletin board titles - so much easier (and quicker!) than using a die cut machine!
Here's one project I am really excited about:
My "One Little Word" for this year is...
I am determined to be more consistent in my prayer life and in deepening my relationship with my students.
One way I want to achieve this is by praying for my students each day.
And thus, a new idea was born...

I started out with an Elmer's Foam board from Staples
 
Then I used some scrapbook paper for the background and to cut out the letters:
A little bit of glue...
Kuretake Zig 2 Way Glue Pen - Fine - KURETAKE MSB-20M
This is my new favorite crafting tool!
Inexpensive and easy to use - and it's really good quality glue!

and...voila! 
Each day I will dedicate to pray for a specific student.
I have assigned my students numbers and I made little cards with each number listed on it. Each day I will flip the cards so it is showing the number of the student I will be praying for that day.
Connected with an easy-open ring for on-the-go learning, these cool flash cards can be tilted to change the image from the number to a matching object. Then kids can flip them over, grab a dry-erase marker and practice writing each numeral on the back! Number names appear in English, Spanish and French for added education.
 It always helps me to pray for someone if I can pray for them specifically.
So I have created a prayer request template that my kiddos can fill out and turn in privately to me.
I hope this idea sparks some motivation in my students :)

***Now I realize that many of you teach in a public school where this may not be easily posted, so I have created different options for you: "Your Teacher is Thinking of You" and blank card templates where your students can share what is on their heart without it specifically being a "prayer request." 
You could also use this with your own kids, your extended family, or a small group at church.

I have created a FREE packet to help you start this tradition in your classroom
I've created a couple different title options for you to print. They are formatted in black and white so you can print in on colorful paper (cute, colorful, and saves on ink!)
Here's the prayer request cards: 
and a more generic form:
Click HERE to download your FREEBIE! :)

And if you try this, please let me know how it goes! I am confident that it will change your perspective and your relationship with your students in big ways.

7 comments

  1. What a sweet idea! I would love to be in a position where I could share more of my faith with my students! Thank you so much for thinking of everyone with this freebie. I'm downloading now and will be using the "thinking of you" poster and cards when we go back! Thanks again!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Such a great way to build that relationship :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, Jessica! I can see how this would really help some of my students feel connected to me. Thanks for sharing!

    Mandy
    The 4th Grade Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!!! Wish I could do the prayer thing, but I might try out the other option. I really appreciate you providing an option for public school teachers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! The kids will love knowing you think of them during your prayer time.
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I'm going to forward this post to the teachers at my church's school...and use the more generic version myself. Like a few have already said, thank you for creating the alternative forms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the sweetest idea Jessica! You are such a loving and thoughtful teacher. You inspire so many! I love that you are able to do this at your school-such a wonderful way to build trust and bond with your students. They will love knowing they have someone to confide in-you're a gift to them! Thanks so much for sharing with us!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top