Five for Friday: Gearing Up for a New Semester!

Well, farewell Christmas break...it's been swell!
Im so glad Christmas Break is over! said no teacher ever.
While I am feeling a tad melancholy to see my wonderful break disappear, I am looking forward to seeing my bright-eyed, eager kiddos again!

I'm linking up with Kacey from
Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky party:
This week was amazing, filled with movie marathons, pajama days, cooking experiments, and long luxurious hours reading.
1. Movie Marathons
I indulged myself with some of my tried-and-true favorites:
Ice Castles love this movie!!!
I *LOVE* this movie. I even had the theme song in my wedding. That's how much I love it.
Here are some other of my favorites that I watched this week:
"Return To Me" - I have seen this sooooo many times. It still make me cry and laugh. Love it!While You Were Sleeping
Downton Abbey 2014 Wall Calendar: 9780789326362
I can't wait for season 4 to premier on Sunday!!!

2. Next week we're launching into our new science unit...
Heat and Energy
I have decided to dapple in the world of Interactive Notebooks
And here's the finished product...
I'm so excited to link this packet up with my buddy,
Erin, from "I'm Lovin Lit"
for her Thursday ThrowDown linky party:
3. Classroom Clean Up!
Yesterday I went to school for a bit - I know, I know...insane to go in when I didn't have to, but I did. I I needed to take down my Christmas decorations. I just didn't have the energy after the excitement (read: chaos) of the last day of school. I also really just went to pick up a library book that was due.
However, I decided to stay and do a bit of cleaning - and it was awesome! Just what I needed to help myself get organized and pumped up about the coming semester.
Here are some pictures of my progress.
I did not take "before" pictures, but trust me: it was bad.
 
My helper desk was buried beneath papers, art supplies, and wrapping paper: 
 Voila! The finished product :)
 I even got a jump-start on my copies for next week:
4. Welcome 2014!
If you're looking for a FUN and FESTIVE way to kick off the New Year...here is a freebie for you!
5. Giveaway Alert!
I am so excited to celebrate with two of my BBB {best blogging buddies}
who are celebrating 
1,000 Followers! 
Check out their post and see how you can WIN today! :)

2 comments

  1. I might be slightly insane, but I am actually looking forward to going back to work. I have had a great refreshing break, and I am ready for the routine of school again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 2014 activity! May have to try that with my kiddos. I also have to head down to my classroom to clean up and get back in gear, but I keep putting it off.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top