2014 Blogging Resolutions

Howdy folks!
For all of you brave teachers who went back to school today...may it be a great start to your semester! For those of you (like me) who don't go back until Monday, I pray you enjoy your last few days of vacation! May they be relaxing and rejuvenating before the chaos ensues :)

Today I am linking up with my dear blogging buddy,
Diane, from Fifth in the Middle.
Fifth in the Middle
for her Blogging Resolutions Linky Party.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are my blogging goals for 2014:

Moving to the West Coast has taken a toll on my blogging life. Starting at a new school with a completely different schedule and class structure has been a challenge that left me with little spare time to blog and make creative projects and activities. Also, the time difference is 3 hours. So by the time I get home from school around 5pm, make dinner, throw in a load of laundry, and sit down to blog, it's usually around 8pm. Which is 11pm for all of my East Coast blogging buddies. I find myself discouraged at the thought that I will work long and hard on a blog post and it will only go live long after many of my readers are asleep. So I am determined to be better about planning my blog posts and scheduling them to "go live" at normal hours :)

I love participating in Doodle Bug's 5 for Friday linky party, but I find myself drawing random pieces and pictures from the week and trying to string them together. Now, I know that this is totally acceptable (even encouraged), but I find my posts to be disconnected and difficult to title. So in 2014, I am going to work to give my 5 for Friday posts one consistent theme and share activities that way. I may still throw in one or two random moments, but I hope this will help it feel less disjointed. 

Thirdly, I want to be more consistent about taking pictures in the classroom. This way, I'll have plenty of material to blog about, plus it will be sweet memories for my students. Oftentimes we do a cute craft or activity and I forget to take pictures. Hopefully, if I have it at the forefront of my mind, I'll be better at doing it :)

And lastly, I have been so fortunate to have made some wonderful friends through the blogging community. Friends that I treasure even though we've never met :) I am resolving to be better about carving out time to read blogs, comment, and reply to the comments that are left on my blog. This is what will make me a more collaborate person and ultimately a better teacher.

Speaking of goals and resolutions,
here is my One Little Word for 2014...
I pray that I would be more consistent in...
My walk with the Lord
My prayer life
My emotions
My patience with my students
My passion and enthusiasm for teaching
My compassion and unconditional love for my husband
My efficient use of time
My healthy life style
My menu planning
My priorities
Giving myself permission to take a break!

Happy New Years, friends! :)

2 comments

  1. I need to take more pictures, too. I just get lost in the moment and forget! I started carrying my little point-and-shoot in my school bag so it's always handy when I actually remember :)

    Scheduling posts is key for me. I think that it makes my posts that much better because I actually have a few days to think about what I want to say and take pictures if I need to. I actually start working on my Five for Friday on Monday if something random happens ;)

    Thanks for linking up, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand your feeling about publishing a blog post when you know most people will not be reading it - then it may get lost in their blog feed. I think I should get better at writing thinigs ahead of time and scheduling them - but I usually blog in the moment - even when I know a post is coming - not the best use of time. I love your OLW and all the ways you hope to apply it this year. Effecient use of time - I need to do that!!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top