Unwrapping a Book a Day in December!

Happy Tuesday, friends!
Have you been enjoying the Mega Cyber Sale on TPT?
I sure have! I have snagged some great deals - and plan to do a little bit more shopping before the night is over :)
I am linking up with my bud, Holly, for her
"Tried It Tuesday" linky:
Today I want to share an idea that I'm trying for the month of December...
Photo: Is wrapping books! Each day in December my students will unwrap a book for me to read to them :) whatever it takes to foster a love of reading...
Each day in December my students will unwrap a book for me to read to them :) 

This is a super simple ideas that has been
so motivating in my classroom.
 I tell the students in the morning that I am "on the lookout" for the special student who will unwrap the book of the day. You should see how quickly they sit up straight, zip their lips, and fold their hands :) 

They know that these books have been specially picked and wrapped by me, so they listen with rapt attention. I originally got this idea from a mom at my old church who did this with her kids. I love the idea of seeing books as gifts and unwrapping once each day until Christmas, so I decided to try it with my students.

Whatever it takes to foster a love of reading...
:)

5 comments

  1. Awesome idea!! I have a love/hate relationship with this time of the year in the classroom. Love - it's the most wonderful time of the year!! (hehe) Hate - it's the end of the school year, so STRESS is my middle names at the moment.

    I hope you have fun with these books!!
    Erin
    Learning to be awesome/The E-Z Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! Just wanted to pop over and say hello. The school year is flying by and things have been so busy! Hope you are doing well friend! :)
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful idea!! The students would love this! I really hate wrapping though...can you come wrap mine? :) Thanks so much for linking up, friend!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this idea! As you said, so simple yet so motivating, and it ties in beautifully with waiting for Christmas, counting the days. I must tuck this away for next year! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top