Christmas Questionnaire

Hello friends!
Whew - sorry I've been MIA this week! The Christmas hustle and bustle both at home and school have kept me running. But this little teacher isn't complaining - it's my absolute favorite time of year! :) Fabulous in First is hosting a fun Christmas Questionnaire linky party:
http://fabulousinfirst.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-questionnaire.html
Hot Chocolate or Eggnog?
Hot chocolate! Preferably mint hot chocolate :)
 
Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them underneath the tree?
Without any kids in the house, Santa doesn't make an annual appearance just yet :) But when he does "deliver," they will be wrapped.
Colored lights or white?
Both! I love colored on the outside to decorate and add Christmas cheer, but our tree has white lights on it.
When do you decorate?
The day after Thanksgiving! :)
Here are some pictures of our decor at home:
 My snow globe collection!
 
Our tree :)
 
My Christmas scrapbook page for my Seasonal Scrapbook Frame (I change it out each month)
 
I'm linking these ideas up with Tara for her monthly "Monday Made-It" :)
http://www.4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2013/12/rak-and-monday-made-it-december-on.html
Real or Fake Tree?
We prefer real trees, but this year we're flying back to the East Coast to spend Christmas with family, so we got a fake one. We didn't want to leave a real tree without a baby-sitter for a week :)
 What Tops Your Tree?
A star
Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions?
My hubby and I have started a tradition that I can't wait to share with our {future} kids! We put on our pajamas, get in the car, get Dunkin Donuts Mint Hot Chocolate (drive-thru of course, so I don't have to leave the car in my polar bear pants!), and then drive around looking at lights and Christmas decor.
With my extended family, we have started a fun tradition in the past few years. Rather than doing a traditional Secret Santa where we draw names, we each bring a wrapped book that we love and do a White Elephant gift exchange. Everyone goes home with a new and well-loved book!
At school, I started a fun tradition this year. After Thanksgiving I wrapped up 14 Christmas books (One for each of our school days in December). Each day I choose one special student to pick a book to unwrap. Then, we read the book during snack time. The kids have LOVED this tradition and I'm thinking of making it a regular routine each December :)
Photo: Is wrapping books! Each day in December my students will unwrap a book for me to read to them :) whatever it takes to foster a love of reading...
That has really motivated my kiddos - and allowed us to enjoy reading festive holiday-themed books. I'm linking this idea - as well as a packet of Christmas-themed graphic organizers:
 
 with my buddy, Jivey, for her Workshop Wednesday! 
 
These graphic organizers have really strengthened my students skills when it comes to retelling and defining the different story elements.
 Do prefer giving or receiving?
Definitely giving! I love finding the perfect thing for people - I stock up all year long!
What is your favorite Christmas song?
I absolutely love Christmas music!!!
My favorites are: Joy to the World, Silent Night, and Angels We Have Heard on High
Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum?
Yum - but I don't consume them like my husband does :)
Favorite Christmas Movie?
White Christmas
Do you shop online or at stores?
In stores! Call me crazy, but I love the hustle and bustle, the Christmas music playing, and the decorated store windows.
Photo Cards, Letter or Store Bought Card?
Photo cards!
Here's the one we're sending out this year:
We also send a letter detailing our adventures from the year.
 If you're looking for some fun, festive, and engaging activities to tide you over til Christmas break, here are some holiday packets from my store:
First of all, here's a FREEBIE for you!
 
Click HERE to snag your FREEBIE!
 
 
Snag this now for only $1!
Run, Run Rudolph!
Verb Centers

 
Click HERE to see what other teachers have MADE this month or to link up your own creations! :)
http://www.4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2013/12/rak-and-monday-made-it-december-on.html

2 comments :

  1. I love the picture where you're standing on the wood to be the same height as your husband. Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! I need to share my Christmas Questionnaire answers too!
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.