When Book Characters Come to Life!

Happy Tuesday!
I had a GLORIOUS day off yesterday, filled with relaxing, shopping, cleaning, baking, and lounging on the couch, watching a Christmas movie. It was rejuvenating to my soul :)
But today came bright and early and I hit the ground running!
For today's "Tried-It Tuesday" I am going to share an idea of a book report that will
bring the characters to life 

Here's the idea:
The students each read a book and then create a life-size picture of the main character. But one thing is missing: the face. They cut out a hole where the face is, so that on presentation day, they can stand as their character and talk to the students about the book. The kids did a phenomenal job - and they had fun too! 

Here are some awesome examples:
The students wrote their report as their character:
Here's Brian from Hatchet
 
Can you guess who some of these characters are?!?!
 
 
 
 
I love the Star Wars oriagmi characters! :)

Aren't they fabulous?!? 
I love the creativity that was shown - this was definitely a report that jumped off the pages! 


10 comments

  1. LOVE this! What an amazing idea and project. Your students did AWESOME! Sending you an email now.... I have to do this :)

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea! I love that each of your students did it on a book they are reading-not just a class novel. I'd love a copy of it...thank your teacher friend for me, for being willing to share with us!

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are outstanding! What a great lesson! And yes, yes, could I have the instructions?
    kganon@sanjuan.edu

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word: AMAZING! What incredible talent you have in your class! Were these complete in class or at home? I'd love a copy of the instructions!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I love it! We are just finishing a novel unit. I would love a copy of the instructions. Thanks so much!
    Mlmkj81@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant. I would definitely love a copy of this to use with my students. These examples are phenomenal! Thank you!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What creative and artistic children you have!!! :) excellent job!
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are awesome! I would love to use this with my students! Thanks!
    Deb
    maxeysjl@defnet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am blown away by your students' projects!! Those are amazing! Kudos to you providing such a creative, engaging activity!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these projects! We are focusing on character next and this would be a great addition to our unit. I would love to snag a copy of the directions if your teacher friend is still willing. Thank you in advance!

    torie.schrick@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top