Must Read Mentor Text: Sir Cumference and All the King's Tens

5/24/13 3 day weekend, big whoop
I can't help myself.
I have been bragging to my husband all weekend about how happy I am to have tomorrow off!
It just puts an extra spring in my step!
My lesson plans are not complete, but that's okay! 
Tomorrow is full of potential! :)
I think I am overly optimistic about all that I am going to accomplish on my day off. 
So, instead of grading or planning,
I'm taking the time to link up with my cute buds!
Today I want to share a fun book I use when teaching
place value
6506508
Here's the Amazon review:
Sir Cumference and Lady Di planned a surprise birthday party for King Arthur, but they didnt expect so many guests to show up. How many lunches will they need? And with more guests arriving by the minute, what about dinner? Sir Cumference and Lady Di have to figure out a quick way to count the guests to bring order to the party. Sir Cumference and his friends have been entertaining young and old alike for years as they introduce important math concepts with clarity and humor.
The illustrations are beautiful and the story is humorous:

Here are some fun place value ideas:
Place Value Review Poster #colorcoding #decimals #expandedform #math #numberandoperationsinbaseten #placevalue #standardform #visualrepresentation #wordform
First Grade Wow: Place Value Math {Freebie Template Included}
Purrfect Place Value product from Live-Laugh-Love-Learn on TeachersNotebook.com
And just in time for the holidays,
I have created a fun and festive "Pilgrim Place Value" packet:
Here's a preview of what's included:
And, as a special treat for my blog followers, I would like to give away TWO free copies of this place value packet!
If you would like a chance to win, enter the Rafflecoptor below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway


5 comments

  1. This is a great series of books!! I love all the ideas you linked up for place value - will have top pin for next year or review before testing - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book. I used it earlier in the year to introduce place value to my kiddos.

    My favorite thing about fall would be the cool, crisp weather...I just love being able to wear sweaters and drink hot coffee...

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanksgiving dinner is my favorite part about fall. I love getting together with family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkins! I love pumpkin flavored everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love spending time with my family and friends in the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top