Monday Made-It: Thanksgiving Craftiness

Happy Monday, friends!
I am linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for her monthly "Monday Made it" linky party!
I want to share some of the crafty Thanksgiving things we've been doing in the classroom:
Warning: this post is picture-heavy :)
We're Owl-fully Thankful!
This is the bulletin board outside my classroom:
Each student colored an owl and wrote in three things they were thankful for:
Then, the students are chose a Bible verse about thankfulness and wrote it on a leaf:
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thankful Pictures
For one of our monthly art projects, the students chose a fall-themed picture and painted it with watercolors. After the pictures had dried, the students covered the picture with things that they were thankful for:
 
 
 
 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Thank-you in Many Languages:
Continuing our discussion of thankfulness, we learned different ways to say "thank-you" in various languages from around the world. 
Then, we took time to focus not only on the gifts we are thankful for, but on the Giver of all good things. 
The students wrote thank-you prayers to God, thanking Him for His presence in their lives.
 
Thanksgiving Cards:
Next, here is my Monday Made-it from home.
These are some Thanksgiving cards I made for family, friends, and coworkers:
 
 
 
 
 
Lastly, I have a 12x12 scrapbook frame hanging in our front hallway that I change out each month. Here is my scrapbook page for November: 

3 comments

  1. Such great ideas! Thanks for posting. Do you use a Cricut machine for the lettering on your cards?

    Sheryl B
    slboyd05@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super jealous of your holiday themed boards! Mine are so high up that I never really change them out! ... I love all the students' work and what they are thankful for ;) So sweet! I'm also absolutely in love with the different ways to say "Thank You" in many different langauges!

    Also, I wanted to give you a shout out and say thanks! My copy of George Ella Lyon's book All the Water in the World came this weekend from Amazon! Oh the vocabulary! I love it! I also found another book good for this time of year called Over and Under the Snow. It's about all the animals and if they hibernate or not but the vocabulary and verbs are amazing!

    Thanks again!
    Enjoy your short week :)
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top