Five for Friday: Weekly Re-Cap

Happy Friday, friends!
This was me this morning:
Even though it was a short week, I was longing for Friday! :)
fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb3
Here's a re-cap of my week...
Monday
I had Monday off and it was fab-u-lous!
It was our first day off since school started and it was
oh-so-needed :)
I started off my morning at Panera, sipping coffee and enjoying a cinnamon crunch bagel:
I then hit the shops!
I did some serious damage at Kohl's 
Kohl's Expect Great Things
I got a 30% off coupon in the mail
...and it was begging me to use it!
I then went to Michaels
in search of Scentos markers:
Scentos Markers
Have you seen these?
Jameson from "Lessons with Coffee" sent me a bunch in her SLANT Box Exchange
Lessons With Coffee
and I stuck them in my Prize Box. 
My students are addicted! 
They don't last more than 15 minutes in my prize box :)
I bought these festive ones this week:
Scentos Marker Giveaway!!
The rest of my day was spent baking, working around the house, creating a couple new TPT products, and relaxing in front of a Hallmark Christmas movie.
All in all, it was a spectacular day.

Book Character Projects:
On Tuesday I blogged about an awesome idea I "stole" from the teacher across the hall :)
The students each read a book and then create a life-size picture of the main character. But one thing is missing: the face. They cut out a hole where the face is, so that on presentation day, they can stand as their character and talk to the students about the book. The kids did a phenomenal job - and they had fun too!
Click HERE to see the original post.
Here are some of the sample pictures:

Pilgrim Place Value Packet
And just in time for the holidays,
I have created a fun and festive "Pilgrim Place Value" packet:
Here's a preview of what's included:
Congratulations to Bethany from Hunter's Tales from Teaching and Ursula G. for winning FREE copies of this fun and engaging packet! Check your e-mails tonight ladies! Thanks to everyone who entered :)

Equivalent Fractions Freebie:
I posted HERE about our equivalent fractions unit. I have since found another awesome (and FREE!) resource to add to our repertoire:
Thank-you, Donna from Math Coach's Corner!

Similes and Metaphors
My most popular TPT item of the week has been my Similes and Metaphors Task Cards
 Here's a preview of the packet:
Click HERE to snag it for only $3!
ORRRRR...
if you'd like a chance to win a free copy, leave your e-mail address in a comment below. I will randomly choose a winner tomorrow night :)

7 comments :

  1. You are lucky you got the 30% off coupon. I only got 20%. :( I had some Kohl's Cash to spend. I decided to do it online and save myself from spending millions in the store. I can't go in there without spending a ton.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Friday poster is too perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Panera before, but that bagel looks soooo good. I'm going to have to check it out now! I got some of those scented markers at Michaels for 20 cents this summer...along with highlighters, dry erase markers and erasers. My kids LOVE them too!

    erocks720@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like retail therapy to make your day a good one. I am getting ready to do mini lessons on figurative language. These task cards would be awesome!
      Ursula
      Ugamler@boyertownasd.org

      Delete
  4. Love the festive Sentos markers! They are super cute - I might need some for myself and my students. I love new school supplies!

    Looks like a delicious and productive week!
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won! I'm so excited! I will put that unit to good use! I don't know about you, but it seems like the short weeks are harder to get through than the normal 5 day weeks...I wonder why that is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love the Similes and Metaphors task cards!
    kmhteacher@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.