Tried-It Tuesday: McTeacher Night


Last night I tried something that I have always wanted to do.
A lifelong dream fulfilled.
What was this dream, you may ask?
Laugh, if you will, but it's been a deep-seeded desire
for quite some time.
...
.....
.......
To work at a fast food counter.
I had never had that typical high-school experience of taking orders, packing up burgers, and delivering them to hungry customers.
I never had it, that is, 
until last night.
Yesterday I was a proud McDonalds employee. 
For about an hour :)
Why did I get to fulfill this fantasy?
Because McDonalds has an awesome fundraising partnership program called....
You can read all about it HERE
but basically McDonalds partners with local elementary schools. Teachers staff the front counters, the drive-through windows, the order packing station, etc. (along with the fully-trained McDonalds employees) and 20% of all profits from the night go to the school.
Here I am in action:
I had such a blast - by the end I was feeling like quite the natural, navigating that touch screen, making change, and handing out receipts.
I noticed a sign that our local McDonalds is hiring.
But I'm not sure the Lord is burdening me for a career change just yet :)
(FYI: That cute customer is my husband!)

So that's what I TRIED yesterday! Hop on over to Holly's blog to see what other amazing teacher bloggers have been trying in their classroom:

4 comments

  1. That sounds fun! Apparently Coldstone Creamery also does this. That one is RIGHT up my alley, especially if I can sample some ice cream along the way ;-)

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
    Follow me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work the drive thru, or on Friday nights I would work both fry stations! Not many people could drop fries on side of the store get to the other station on the opposite side and shake'em and bag'em, without burning one batch. Still on my list of proudest accomplishments:).

    It looks like you had a great time! So glad you got to finally take orders:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't laugh at you because I'd love to try it too!!! And, McDonald's would be bonus-I HEART McDonald's! I frequent their establishment every morning for my iced coffee!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like so much fun! Using the touch screen was always one of my favorite parts of working a Chick Fil A.

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top