It's CURRENTLY October!

Happy October, friends!Month of October Owl
It's that time again...
Here's what I'm CURRENTLY up to!

Listening: "Once Upon a Time"
I love this show - and am so glad it's back for season 3!

Thinking: about my Mom's upcoming visit

My mom is my absolute best friend - after my hubby, of course :)


And she is coming to Seattle for a lovely week-long visit! I have been busy planning different things we're going to do, eat, and see while she's here!

Loving: FALL!

Fall is by far my favorite season.
I love the crisp air.
The apple cider.
The smell of backyard fires.
Pumpkins and gourds.
The fall decor.
The changing colors.
Wanting: new shoes
Last week my favorite pair of brown teaching shoes broke. As in sole-comes-off, never-to-be-repaired kind of broke :) So shoe shopping is on the agenda for this weekend!
Needing: to enter grades
Thanks to my fantastic T.A. and some parent helpers, I now have a mile-high pile of papers that have been graded and need to be entered. The fun never stops for teachers :)

Trick: Halloween Product Giveaway!
To celebrate the beginning of October, I have created three new festive packets for you to use with your students this fall:
Halloween Homophones is a FUN and ENGAGING activity that reviews and assesses your students' knowledge of homophones - with a fun Halloween twist :) It includes activities for the whole class, small groups, and individual assessment/reinforcement.
 
Click here to grab this 23-page packet for only $3

This next activity, "Spooky Subtraction" is a fun SCOOT game that gives your students valuable practice with simple mental subtraction while getting their "brain juices" flowing as they move around the classroom. It also provides an opportunity for you to assess their understanding.
I have TWO versions: Primary and Intermediate
Here's a preview of the Primary Version:
For my faithful blog followers, I have a chance for you to WIN one of my Halloween packets :)
THREE people will WIN their choice of either the Halloween Homophone Task Cards or the Spooky Subtraction Scoot Game (Primary or Intermediate). The giveaway will end on Saturday night.

Visit Farley's site to see what everyone else is CURRENTLY up to :)

8 comments

  1. I am LOVING fall, too! We went to the apple orchard today and it was beautiful!
    Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love autumn - but we are just going into spring, and I love it even more!! Hmmm I have to ask though, here in New Zealand Apple cider is something we normally drink in summer. I wonder if it's the same thing? Here it's a bit like beer, only nicer and not quite as alcoholic.

    Erin
    The E-Z Class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pumpkins- pumpkin rolls, pumpkin candles/air fresheners, etc!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the weather as it begins to cool, the changing colors of the leaves, just the general feeling that seems to come over people during the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your shoes! That is a real bummer! I hope you have a great visit with your mother! Don't let all that grade entering get in the way!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jessica,
    I also teach in the Seattle area. I'm in Edmonds and teach fourth grade. Can you believe the storms we have been having.

    It's good to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ! I am your newest follower! :) Your blog is great! Have fun with your mom and good luck finding perfect shoes! Don't you hate it when your favorites actually break? Except- it is a good excuse to shop!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top