Sparking Student Motivation: Homework Hotel

LOVE Saturday mornings, especially when it's NOT Saturday. Waking up feeling blessed that every day is like a Saturday right now. :)
My heart smiles at the truth of this picture! I am lounging in my fuzzy pajamas, sipping some tea, and watching "I Love Lucy" - my husband and I's latest Saturday morning tradition :)


I am linking up with my bud, Joanne, from "Head Over Heels for Teaching" to share an idea that has really revolutionized how my students turn in their homework and how I check for missing work.
Introducing...the Homework Hotel!

I bought one of the large pocket charts from Lakeshore
and numbered the pockets to use year after year:
When a student enters the room in the morning, they look on the white board to see what they need to turn it. If students have two (or three) things to turn in, I have the order written on the board that I want the papers turned in. They pull out their homework assignment and place it in their "Homework Hotel" - it's called the Hotel because it only stays for a brief visit :)

I can quickly see who has and who hasn't turned in their homework  
and can stand there and fill in Late Homework Passes for students whose pockets are empty.

I also use it when students are taking a quiz or a test. I can see which students were confident in their knowledge and turned it in quickly and which need some more time.

When I pull the papers out, the papers are already in number out and I can quickly catch who didn't put their name on the papers - no more dreaded "NO NAME" papers! :)

Do you have an easy strategy for collecting Homework?
I'm always open for more ideas!

And hop on over to Joanne's page to link up with motivating ideas for the classroom!


AND.....
Something else that sparked my motivation this morning was waking up and seeing my "Frindle MEGA Packet" featured in the "Teacher's Notebook" Newsletter 
Click the links to check out the Mega Packet on Teacher's Notebook or Teachers Pay Teachers

The WINNER of my Frindle Giveaway is...
Holly!
Congratulations, Holly - check your e-mail! :)

13 comments :

  1. I'm totally pinning that idea - awesome! Will need to figure out how to adapt it to three different classes. Maybe they could all some use the same display. Hmm...

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the exact same thing! Great minds think alike don't they! :)
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea! Now I just have to find room to build my Homework Hotel:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super idea Jessica (as always)! I have my students number their papers when they turn them in also, but not for homework. This would safe so much time! I love it! Congratulations on being featured!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do your accounting homework, accounting assignments with our accounting homework solution and accounting tutoring help. Our homework assistance helps you to do your accounting homework and accounting assignments.
    Please visit once http://www.theaccountinghomework.com or email me on theaccountinghomework@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do your accounting homework, accounting assignments with our accounting homework solution and accounting tutoring help. Our homework assistance helps you to do your accounting homework and accounting assignments.
    Please visit once www.homeworkhelpindia.com or email me on prashant8778@yahoo.co.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do your accounting homework, accounting assignments with our accounting homework solution and accounting tutoring help. Our homework assistance helps you to do your accounting homework and accounting assignments.
    Please visit once http://www.theaccountinghomework.com or email me on theaccountinghomework@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do your accounting homework, accounting assignments with our accounting homework solution and accounting tutoring help. Our homework assistance helps you to do your accounting homework and accounting assignments.
    Please visit once www.homeworkhelpindia.com or email me on prashant8778@yahoo.co.in

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do your accounting homework, accounting assignments with our accounting homework solution and accounting tutoring help. Our homework assistance helps you to do your accounting homework and accounting assignments.
    Please visit once http://www.theaccountinghomework.com or email me on theaccountinghomework@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Email me your assignments and I will send you back the solutions.
    In addition to solving problems I do projects, papers and essays.
    I offer assistance in the following areas, undergraduate, graduate and post graduate levels:
    Accounting
    Accounting concept
    Income statement
    Balance sheet
    Cash-flow statement
    Accounts receivable, Note receivable
    Inventory
    Fixed Assets, Depreciation
    Intangible assets
    Current liability
    Bond
    Long-term liability
    Common and preferred stock
    Treasury stock
    Cash and dividends
    Financial statement analysis
    Cost accounting, Cost analysis
    Accounting and management decision
    Budgeting
    www.homeworkhelpindia.com
    prashant8778@yahoo.co.in












    ReplyDelete
  11. Do your accounting homework, accounting assignments with our accounting helps you to do your accounting homework and accounting assignments email me homework solution and accounting tutoring help. Our homework assistance on prashant8778@yahoo.co.in

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do your accounting homework, accounting assignments with our accounting helps you to do your accounting homework and accounting assignments email me homework solution and accounting tutoring help. Our homework assistance on prashant8778@yahoo.co.in

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear friends, If you are looking for any homework help in accounting or its related subjects like business, finance, economics, statistics, etc., contact homeworkhelpindia@gmail.com or visit www.homeworkhelpindia.com. You will get best services at affordable prices.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.