Sparking Student Motivation: A Good Classmate

Phew! I made it through the first two weeks of school - and this is a class of characters! :)
They're fun...but very social. 
I am working diligently to channel their energy
into more productive uses!


I saw this idea on Pinterest and knew that I wanted
to try it with my students:
As a class we brainstormed what it looked like to be a good classmate. We filled out this anchor chart and the students filled in one at their seats as a reminder to keep in their binders. We also had a great discussion about how these qualities don't only apply to being a good student - they make us good friends, good sons/daughters, good siblings, and God-honoring Christians. 
I have created this *FREE* template if you would like to use one of them with your students/children:
*also included are: A Good Friend, A Good Son/Daughter, A Good Sibling, A God-Honoring Christian, and a blank template for you to customize.
Picture of Free Teacher Downloads at Teaching Blog Addict
*If you download it, please leave feedback!*

I also found this great bulletin board idea where students can highlight positive character traits they see in their classmates:
A fun, interactive bulletin board that allows students to highlight the good character they find fellow classmates engaged in.
How do you motivate your students?
Hop on over to Joanne's blog to link up!

4 comments

  1. I really love this. What a great way to get kids to think about the way they should and shouldn't treat each other.

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just on TPT and you are one of the teacher-authors on the main page right now. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your freebie! I like each student having a copy of the anchor chart! Great class building activity and that bulletin board is perfect! Thanks for sharing and linking up friend!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top