Happy "Talk Like a Pirate Day" :)

Today, September 19th, is 
National "Talk Like a Pirate Day!"
Little Girl PirateParrot on Pirate Shoulder

Here are some fun pirate-themed activities:
Great "Pirate" books:

Creative Writing Prompt:
Freebie pirate-themed writing prompt pages.  Even my big kids will enjoy these!
Language Arts:


Student note-taking sheets and assessment activities:

 Math:
The packet includes two strategy posters:
  24 Fraction Task Cards:
3 "Pirate Percent" Word Problems:
 
Craftiness:
12 Crafty Pirate Activities to Do this Summer
Did you do anything fun with your kiddos to celebrate "Talk Like a Pirate Day" ?

2 comments :

  1. I love reading How I Became a Pirate and didn't have time for it today. I think I'm going to extend Talk Like a Pirate Day into tomorrow also! I'm sure this wouldn't upset my kids in the least!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your pirate activities! Thanks for sharing them with us. The books you listed are my favorite.

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.