Student Birthday Goodies

Phew! What a week! :)
Teachers reported in on Monday, we spent Monday-Wednesday in meetings, and then set off to work in our classrooms! Tuesday is back-to-school night where we meet all of our students and parents. Then Tuesday, September 2nd the school year begins! I'm tired just thinking about all that I still have to do - but I have made great progress in the classroom and should be ready for my classroom reveal next week!
Here's a recap of my week:
fiveforfriday2
I've been working on several different projects this week...
I feel like I've started 17 and finished 3 :)
But it'll all get done - it always does.
How do you celebrate birthdays in the classroom?
Here's my birthday chart:
I bought cute birthday balloon paper at Michael's and then traced suitcases out of colorful scrapbook paper.
Each month is a colored suitcase:
Each month will get a luggage tag with the students' names
who have birthdays in that month:
Here's the whole chart:
I am going to add the luggage tags on Monday when I get my student list.
Then, for the students on their birthday,
I created a fun little treat:
Each student will get a "Krazy Kool" balloon,
made of a Krazy straw and a Kool-Aid packet:
This will be on each students' desk
on the morning of their birthday:

I plan to write the certificates beforehand and keep them in chronological order, so I can just pull it out on their birthday. The less I need to keep track of and do on each morning, the better!
The "Happy Birthday" cake is a sticker they can wear all day.

On a student's birthday, I am going to pass around their birthday "balloon" and have each student in the class write a positive character trait about the birthday boy/girl on the back of the "balloon." That will be a wonderful keepsake for the student - and will help make their special day even more special!

Want to snag a FREE copy of the "Krazy Kool" birthday balloon template? Click HERE to grab your FREE copy:
It includes teacher directions and a
"Krazy Kool" balloon template
Picture of Free Teacher Downloads at Teaching Blog Addict
Click the picture above for more freebies :)

Happy weekend, everyone!
I'm giving my over-tired brain a break from all things school-related and am off to relax, spend time with my hubby, and hike to a glaciated lake! I promise to post pictures :)

What do you do for your students' birthdays? I'm always on the lookout for great ideas!

7 comments

  1. Isn't it amazing how exhausting sitting in meetings all day can be?
    I love your birthday sign. I normally give my students a birthday pencil and a "Sit by a Friend Pass" on their birthday.
    Have fun with your hubby this weekend!

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthday chart turned out great! Have a relaxing weekend!
    Wendy
    One Happy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your birthday chart. It's definitely more creative than the standard school supply store charts.

    Simply Sixth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birthday chart is adorable! Good luck in your new school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your birthday chart! I just realized that I didn't but the birthday poster at the teacher store that I usually buy every year so I may "borrow" you idea. :v)

    Have a great weekend!
    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I celebrate birthdays big time! I just wrote a Thursday Throwback on how I feel about birthdays. I love your birthday chart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat idea! With 105 students....whew...I know I couldn't get it done. But, our team has talked about doing those things for just our homeroom classes which have around 25. Thanks for sharing!

    Carla
    Surviving Sixth Grade

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top