Spark Student Motivation: Smart Cookies

Today is my last Saturday of summer freedom :)
Hubby and I have a fun-filled day planned: a trip to the bakery, a morning spent poking around antique shops, and then an afternoon of movie marathons in pajamas! 
But first, I wanted to link up with my bud, Joanne, to share an idea to motivate my students:
I shared this picture yesterday in my Classroom Reveal post.
Here is the door to my classroom:
I found this cute "Smart Cookies" display at Target for only $3.
Can someone say bargain?
To build on this theme, I have prepared little treat bags for my students on the first day of school:
So easy and inexpensive - and the kids will love me from Day 1! :) 
ANDDDD
I have also created these little note cards to send home to students and parents throughout the year:
*also includes a black and white version*
Picture of Free Teacher Downloads at Teaching Blog Addict

4 comments :

  1. I think that I will make my kids some treats this weekend...shhh! Just as a surprise, and to give them a little taste of prizes to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! They will love them - and it will boost their confidence to know that their teacher already thinks they are a "Smart Cookie" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are adorable Jessica! I love it! I wonder if Target still has that Smart Cookie display...I need one for my class! Food gets everyone's attention and they will be so motivated to get one of your note cards!
    Thanks for sharing and linking up friend!
    xoxo
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Smart Cookie idea! What a fun way to encourage your students (and who doesn't LOVE cookies!)

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.