It's CURRENTLY Time For a Back-to-School Freebie! :)

It's CURRENTLY...August!
Month of August Back to School
Today marks one month til the kiddos arrive and
the 2013-2014 school year kicks off!
CRAZY!

I'm linking up with Farley for her monthly Currently linky

Listening: Confession time - I may have a slight obsession with the Food Network. Okay, maybe more than slight. Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, is my new homegirl. She is so fun and creative - and she makes all sorts of delicious things! I've gained 34 pounds in the last week just from watching her show :)
Loving: I have lived in Seattle for two weeks now and am awe-struck each time I drive down the road. Here are some of the pictures I've taken as we explored our new surroundings.
Photo: Relaxing in the beautiful park right outside Jon's office #seattlelife
Thinking: As many of you know, my classroom is travel-themed. I love it - I think it's versatile, it's gender-neutral, it lends itself to all sorts of decor and activities, and it's interesting. However, it is also unique and very hard-to-shop for.This week I was looking for something specific and frustratingly couldn't find it - and anything remotely close to what I was looking for. So right there in the middle of Michaels, I almost switched my theme. Sports. Owls. Chevron. But, in the end I decided that I had put too much effort (and mula!$$$) into making everything from my theme to change it with a month left. So, I am sticking with the travel/journey/adventure theme for now!
Welcome to My Classroom!
Wanting: While I am thoroughly enjoying my summer (lounging by the pool, reading, cooking, etc.) I am also eager to get into my classroom and set-up. New school. New colleagues. New classroom. New curriculum. I think that like once I can get in and start setting up, I'll feel like I have a better grasp on this year. PLUS... all of my classroom stuff is currently invading my beautiful new apartment:
This is our lovely guest bathroom - good thing we don't know anybody yet! :)
 And this is our front closet:
Needing: Now that August is here, it's crunch time! I have next week to work like crazy on school stuff, then my in-laws are flying out for a week (YAY!!!), and then teacher inservice starts the 19th. Phew! September 2nd will be here before I know it! :)
Pink Owl On Branch Clip Art
B2S Must-Haves:
These three are pretty self-explanatory: 
1. Sharpies (I use them to label, make anchor charts, etc.)
2. Sheet Protectors: So handy - I use them for my teacher files, for the student's passports, and for make-shift white boards)
3. Sunkist: I am not a coffee drinker, but I do love Sunkist as a caffeine booster on tough days. However, now that I live in the coffee capital of the country, maybe I'll get into it... :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now as promised...it's FREEBIE time!
And just in time for Back-to-School...
This FREE packet includes a cute popcorn note,
inviting parents to Back-to-School Night. 
I've included a pre-designed template: 
AND an editable slide for you to customize:
 
Then, after they come to the event,
they can leave with a small treat bag filled with popcorn:
 
There's also an editable version where
you can add some information:
I usually type "Thanks for Popping In"
and then put my e-mail address.
The parents love it - it's a small gesture that
makes a big impression.
Check out Teaching Blog Addict for more freebies

7 comments

  1. Jessica,
    I am so excited to have found your blog. Your pictures are AMAZING!!! I have always wanted to visit Seattle. Your bathroom looks great! :)
    Sharpies and sheet protectors are a must! I agree!
    I hope you have a wonderful, fun filled, organized August! :)
    I love the theme of your room. There is so much you can do with it. Thanks for the freebie!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    tamingmyflockoffirsties@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica! What a cute blog! I'm glad that I foudn your through the Currently linky! Seattle looks awesome! I have an intense desire to see the pacific northwest and your photos are adding to it! :) Gorgeous! Good luck this year! I love the travel theme!

    Alisha
    First Grade Follies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog on the linky. Your photos of Seattle look amazing. It looks as though you will be a busy bee for the next few weeks, much like the rest of us. Have a great school year, and I'll be following you.

    Roland With iPads
    rolandipads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading your blog. Six years ago we had our honeymoon in Seattle. One of my favorite things was going up to the observation level at the top of the Columbia tower. Incredible view. What a beautiful city. It is a little bit of a drive but if you get a chance to drive down to Mt. St. Helen's it is well worth the trip. I'll be praying you have a great year with your new school and staff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go to Seattle now that I've seen your pictures! Always heard it was beautiful. Where did you move from?

    My hubby were obsessed with Food Network before we got rid of cable/satellite. That's really the only channel we miss. Wish we could buy just that (and maybe HGTV).

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
    Follow me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know you moved!!?? Now I'm kinda sad because we live on opposite sides of the US. Seriously, we couldn't be further apart! lol Love your freebie idea! SO cute and creative as usual! You rock! :)
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am dying to get into my new classroom in my new school too. My classroom supplies are taking over my basement and if I don't get them out soon, I think my family may hurt me. Good luck in your new job! :o)

    Tara
    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top