Tunes Tuesday: Gold by Britt Nicole

I've escaped my exciting world of unpacking and unloading
for a quick breakfast at Panera
(Cinnamon Crunch bagel, anyone?!?)

and some catch-up time on the Internet :)

Nick from Sweet Rhyme & Pure Reason
has started a fun new linky:
Here's the idea: teachers link up songs ideas that can be used to teach grammar concepts. I did this a couple times with my students last year and they LOVED it!

Here's one of my students' favorite songs from last year:
GOLD
by Britt Nicole

It's an awesome contemporary Christian song about finding our value from Christ and not from the world's skewed standards.
I used it to launch a discussion of character and feeling confident in our skin - not because we've done anything spectacular to earn it, but simply because God loves us and created us in His image.


Grammar activity possibilities:
*Highlight expressions
(underlined in the first stanza of lyrics below)

*Underline parts of speech
(nouns=red, verbs=blue, adjectives=green)

*Visualizing 
*Boxing prepositional phrases

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Gold "
by: Britt Nicole

You were walking on the moon, now you're feeling low
What they said wasn't true, you're beautiful
Sticks and stones break your bones, I know what you're feeling
Words like those won't steal your glow, you're one in a million

This, this is for all the girls, boys all over the world
Whatever you've been told, you're worth more than gold
So hold your head up high, it's your time to shine
From the inside out it shows, you're worth more than gold
You're worth more than gold

Well everybody keeps score, afraid you're gonna lose
Just ignore they don't know the real you
All the rain in the sky can't put out your fire
Of all the stars out tonight, you shine brighter

This, this is for all the girls, boys all over the world
Whatever you've been told, you're worth more than gold
So hold your head up high, it's your time to shine
From the inside out it shows, you're worth more than gold
You're worth more than gold

So don't let anybody tell you that you're not loved
And don't let anybody tell you that you're not enough
Yeah there are days that we all feel like we're messed up
But the truth is that we're all diamonds in the rough
So don't be ashamed to wear your crown
You're a king you're a queen inside and out
You glow like the moon, you shine like the stars
This is for you, wherever you are

So don't be ashamed to wear your crown
You're a king you're a queen inside and out
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Head over to Nick's blog to find more fun songs to use when teaching grammar concepts.



ANNOUNCEMENT:
I have reached some exciting blogging milestones
and it's time to celebrate!
This week is my one-year BLOGIVERSARY! 
(Click HERE to check out my first post!
Haha - it seems so long ago!)
I have passed 250 followers on BlogLovin
I have reached 150 followers on Facebook
Thanks everyone! Your amazing support, kind words, and cute e-mails have helped me get through this exciting (and stressful!) time! I am so thankful for my blogging buddies :)
I am planning to do a EVERYONE WINS Giveaway...
the type where everyone who comments on the day WINS BIG! 
Would you like to help?!?


5 comments

  1. Thank you so much for linking up! I love it when the song can have a great message for the kids along with practicing the grammar skill!

    -Nick
    Sweet Rhyme – Pure Reason
    Follow my blog with Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Panera! Glad you made it to Washington safely! Thanks for sharing your activity idea with us.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you made it safely to Seattle! And now for the unpacking... prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This song is beautiful! Good luck with your new venture-I know you'll be successful no matter where you are!!!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your blogiversary and your recent move to Seattle!! I have always wanted to visit there and hear it is wonderful. You will be amazing!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top