Sparking Student Motivation: Student Driving Licenses

Howdy folks! 
It's crazy to see all of the back-to-school craze 
starting up already. 
This was my only my third week of summer vacation and I'm still in that I-need-to-give-my-brain-a-rest-before-launching-into-a-new-school-year phase.
teachers in the summer - Google Search
But I do recognize that many teachers are thick in the throes of back-to-school prep - and that has made me ponder things I want to try/create/implement.
I'm so excited for the return of Joanne's fun linky party, 

Today I'm going to share an idea that I am planning to implement this upcoming year.
As many of you know, my classroom is travel-themed
and this idea will fit right in :)

At the beginning of the year, we're going to go over our classroom rules, or the "Rules of the Road"

Then, after we've discussed the four rules...

I will give each student their very own Drivers License!

Question: Should I have the students keep their drivers licenses in their desks? or on their desks, with their name tags? as name tags? or display them on the wall?

And then, to extend the idea, I'm planning to implement the idea into my classroom management plan:
Students who are misbehaving and
caught breaking the rules will receive a...

On the other hand, students who are habitually exhibiting role model behavior will receive a "Safe Driver Reward Perk" :)

All of these coupons (and more!) can be found in my 30-page Rules of the Road Packet

If you would like a FREE copy of this packet,
please enter the giveaway below! :)

a Rafflecopter giveaway


8 comments :

  1. Cute! Can they lose their license for "reckless driving?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, so perfect for your theme, and it is definitely a more "exciting" discipline system for your older kids.
    I like the idea of displaying the kids licenses somewhere, then they won't lose them.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea! I think the students should keep them, to help teach them responsibility. I like the idea of keeping them with their name tags because they can have a visual reminder that they agreed to the "Rules of the Road".

    Jess
    I {Heart} Recess

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about having them design purses and wallets to be taped maybe somewhere like the back of their chairs or on their cubbies. I think you should have their pictures on the license! This is a super clever idea!! Love it! You need a pokey(jail) for repeat offenders! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute theme and so practical for real life too! I like the idea of keeping them on their desks-constant reminder plus if you needed to suspend the license you could simply pick it up. Less likely to lose it if it's on the wall, but it may be embarrassing for some students. My favorite animal is the zebra! :O) Thanks for sharing and linking up Jessica!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, Jessica! I hear ya on the back to school frenzy. I just started vacation at the end of June and reading blogs lately starts to make me feel frantic! lol I need to remind myself to just breathe...we have time and somehow it all gets done! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.