Must Read Mentor Text: Piece, Part, Portion

Today is my last day.
My last post.
My last entry...
as a New Jersey blogger!
This afternoon I am boarding a plane and
jetting off to Seattle on a grand adventure. 
Starting tomorrow I will officially be:
But before I make this grand transition, 
I'm linking up with my buds, Amanda and Stacia, 
This week's theme is MATH.
Now I haven't taught math for the past two years, but I will be in the fall, so I've been digging through resource books, Pinterest boards, and wonderful blogs to catch up :)

Here's a FABULOUS book I found for
changing fractions to percentages:
Amazon description: Just as hola and bonjour express "hello" in different ways, fractions, decimals, and percents describe the same quantities in different ways. While it may sound simple, this basic math concept often baffles children. The straightforward text and photographic examples from everyday life in PIECE=PART=PORTION are a terrific boon to elementary school math students everywhere.
 

If you've got some visual learners, then this is the book for you!

To expand on the idea of changing fractions to percents, 
I've created a fun little activity packet:
*Click HERE to check out the preview from my TpT store*
 

7 comments

  1. Good luck and safe travels! How exciting!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great book! Wished I had it when I taught 5th grade!

    Happy travels!

    All the best-
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great book for fractions and percentages. I love Washington! Have a safe trip and enjoy the new adventure in your life!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have this book but we don't teach percentages in 4th. I'm considering previewing it but I'm not sure if it will confuse them? There's so much already to teach in 4th but it seems like it just goes together. What do you think?

    Have a safe trip sweet friend! I'm gonna say a prayer for safe travels for y'all!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a cute book. I'm going to have to pass this on to the 5th grade teacher at our school.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to have found your blog! I am going to be a 5th grade teacher this year - jumping up from 2nd!

    I am your newest follower :) Come stop by if you get a chance - I'd love to hear from you!

    Lauren
    The Sweetest Thing
    Follow me on Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite classroom management strategy is my behavior chart. I have one that has the 6 colors (Purple for a great day to red for a sad day). Last year, I decided to keep it simple and do this for individual behaviors and then do a BINGO board for whole group behavior.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top