Welcome June!

Welcome June!
Month of June at the Beach
Ahh June.
What a lovely month.
What a hectic month.
What a bittersweet month: half of my yearns for summer.
The other half longs for more time with my kiddos.

Speaking of summer, looking for something to keep your students SHARP during the summer months?
I've created this FUN and ENGAGING packet with 10 activities
(1 per week during the summer)
I'm going to send it home with my kiddos to complete over the summer. Next year's teachers will thank you!
Click HERE to snag it from my TpT store.

Now onto the main event...
It's CURRENTLY June!

I'm linking up with Farley for her famous "Currently" linky:

Listening:
I don't know what it's like on your end of the country (or world!) but here it is H-O-T!
Cute Sun
This little gal doesn't handle the heat well.
It typically causes crankiness.
Hubby put the air conditioner in and for that,
I will be eternally grateful :)

Loving:
I went to an awesome book sale at my library today -
children's books were 25 cents!
I came away with a boatload :)


Thinking:
My hubby just graduated with his Masters and
now we'll be moving to...
wherever we can find someone to pay him :) 

Funny Bee Holding a Globe
So the job hunt continues.
And once he finds a job, my hunt will begin!
Wanting:
I am playing the independent woman this weekend as my hubby is up in Canada for a church-planting conference. It was fun...for the first two hours. Now I am lonely and want him to come back :)
Boy and Dog Flying an Airplane
However, this week is his birthday and our wedding anniversary so his being out of town gave me lots of much-needed shopping opportunities :)
Birthday Cake
Needing:
On Thursday I laminated almost 80 feet!
I've cut out more than half of it, and my living room carpet
 is riddled with itty bitty plastic pieces :)

Scissors
3 Vacation Essentials
1. A good book - there is nothing better than a warm summer afternoon spent with a good book
Open Book
My to-be-read pile is ever-growing :)
2. Peaches - ever since I was a kid, they represented lazy summer afternoons, hot days spent playing at the beach, and deliciousness. It's always been my motto that the best things in life drip down your arm :)
Apricot
3. Ice cream!
Summer Ice Cream Cone
No explanation needed.
Ice cream is wonderful, plain and simple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Let the JUNE celebration continue...~
A professor in college always quoted the adage
"If you fail to plan, you can plan to fail"
So I am joining the fun with Jessica at "I {Heart} Recess"
I {Heart} Recess
to share our monthly goals for JUNE:

Personal:PURGE! PURGE! PURGE!
I am moving this summer (don't ask me where...we're still working on that) and really need to purge my house (and life!) of all the extra stuff! I collect books, knick-knacks, clothes, etc. and packing everything into boxes will be the perfect motivation to weed through what I don't need.
Box
Family:My hubby and I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary this week and are planning a special getaway :)
Health:
I know I need to drink more water - as a teacher with few opportunities to use the ladies room, I rarely drink during the day. And by rarely, I mean almost never. This summer I really need to re-hydrate :)
Drinking Glass
School: 
I have been bitten by the task-card craze ad have been printing and laminating like crazy


Now I just need to find a functional way
to store and organize them all.

Blog/TpT: 
My blogging and TpT list for this summer is a mile long. Two big things on my list are:
1. Go back and add labels too all of my blog posts to make finding things easier
2. As for TpT, I plan to create some  more book studies to extend the books we read in class
Here's my latest book study that you can download for FREE:
Read:
The lovely Sabra from Teaching with a Touch of Twang has planned a summer book study for the book Word Nerds by Brenda J. Overturf

I am so excited to read it - and lead the discussion for Chapter 3 :)
For fun (and not on a 10-year-old-reading level), I am planning to read Stephenie Meyer's latest, "The Host"
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So hop on over to "I {Heart} Recess" 

and share your monthly goals for June
I {Heart} Recess

9 comments :

  1. I found you on Oh Boy Fourth Grade's Currently Linky! My task cards looked a lot like yours until I bought $1 photo albums from the Dollar General and used those! I love them!

    Jennifer
    Teaching to Inspire in 5th

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husbands on job hunts...I can understand your situation! My husband graduates in two weeks-and he just got a local job here. I'm thankful we won't have to move...but it was a possibility for a little while.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I do the EXACT same thing with my laminating, I leave it all over the floor and constantly step on it.

    Stephanie
    Elementary My Dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I found your blog through Currently! I'm your newest follower. I'm laughing at your laminating comment! I'm sitting here on the couch cutting out laminated cards for next year. Thanks for the Ruby Bridges freebie. I was lucky enough to meet her last year and can't wait to use this next school year. Good luck with your move and job hunt!

    Aimee
    aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your final product looks fantastic! The parents are going to be thrilled that you sent home something so meaningful! With all that you have going on, don't forget to take time for yourself. I hope your hubby had a great time up here in the beautiful NORTH (gotta put in my plug for Canada). Good luck with your job hunting and moving! Summer is just around the corner for me, but it sounds like you are right in the thick of it! ENJOY!
    Sidney
    Teachingisagift

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! I hope you and your husband have a wonderful time on your getaway. I am constantly picking up tiny pieces of lamination from my living room. I keep my task cards on binding rings or in 9x12 envelopes if they include student recording sheets. Both ways work well in my classroom.

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate those bits of lamination! You'll be finding little reminders for months! ; )

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up! I save all my laminating for parent volunteers, they think it is "fun" because they don't do it all the time :) Looking forward to checking out some of your book units, thanks for the freebie!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.