Tried-it Tuesday: Tagxedo Creations

I'm linking up with my main girl,
Holly, at Fourth Grade Flipper
for her "Tried-it Tuesday" linky party:

Today I'm going to share an
amazing website I stumbled on through Pinterest:
It's like wordle...only better :)

Here are the steps to create a tagxedo creation:
1. Load your words: 
You can either type in your words or enter the url of a website to gather words
Here's one I created by typing in my blog url:
*Note: If you're planning to enter two words that go together (i.e. Fifth Grade), I type them together to keep them together in your picture (i.e. FifthGrade)

2. Choose your shape

3. Change the THEME, or the color scheme: 
 

4. Save or Print
*Voila!*  That's it :)

Project Examples:
Here is a project I made for my students as an end of the year gift:
I made two different tagxedos: 
1. One with all of their names
 2. and one with fifth-grade related words:

And then I saved the images and
combined them together to make a keepsake:

Here are some other examples I have made,
both for home and for the classroom:
1. This is for my mom's birthday (which is TODAY!)
Mom, if you're reading this, 
"Happy Birthday!" 
Here's a sneak preview of one of your presents :)

2. This is a camping-themed one, 
as a keepsake of our Memorial Day camping trip:

3. This is hanging behind my desk,
representing all of the things that bring me joy :)

4. This is a summer-themed one because
I am oh-sooooo-ready for SUMMER!

 Hop on over to tagxedo to create someone of your own.
But I will warn you...it is very addicting :)

This week's Tricks of the Trade topic is...
Hope to see you Thursday!

9 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing Jessica! I cannot wait to play with Tagxedo! Your creations are so cute! :o)

    Tara
    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way better than Wordle! Thanks Jessica you are the best!

    Tina
    Crofts' Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute. I will have to play around with it this summer!

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a tagxedo fan for a while. It really is fun.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh so cute! I've never heard of Tagxedo. I loveeeee it!

    24/7 Teacher Amy Harrod

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Wordle and I've heard of Tagxedo, but never have used it. Thanks for the detailed tutorial and photos-going over to make something right now! I love all your 5th grade creations! Happy Birthday Jessica's Mom!!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe!! I love how you called me your main girl:) It makes my heart happy:) This does look better than Wordle! I Your post is so detailed and I love all the pictures! Pinned for later exploring. :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love tagxedo!! I taught my second graders how to make related word clouds using it. They choose a key vocab word/concepts related to what we are learning, make a list of related words, and put the list into tagxedo... I like it because it is very user friendly and the end products are fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top