Oh How Pinteresting: Reading Ideas

I'm sitting in my backyard, sipping an orange soda, enjoying the breeze, and browsing Pinterest. 
Only 10 days left with my kiddos.
Life is good.

Time to share some Pinteresting finds...
The Vintage Apple

Here are some of my favorite newest pins for Reading ideas
Graphic Organizers=foldables
I LOVE foldables. 
This year I was a little wimpy and didn't use as many of them
as I wanted to because I felt I never had enough time in a class period. But I firmly believe they make learning information more tangible and relate-able, so I hope to implement more of them next year.  

Character traits board
This is an AWESOME board for studying character traits. 
I love the idea of showing book covers with examples of the character traits listed. Definitely doing this next year.

Sticky note poster
I am jumping on the sticky note bandwagon! 
I can't wait to implement them next year.
Question for any sticky note users:
do you supply the sticky notes or do your kids bring them in?

Sandwich summaries with somebody, wanted, but, so, then | Around the Kampfire
Awesome idea for summarizing using the
"Someone Wanted...But...So...." strategy.

Invent a Word - Cute idea!
I *LOVE* Frindle and usually read it to my students at the beginning of each year to get them pumped about exploring vocabulary and digging into language. I always have them make up a new word and we put together a "class dictionary" but this form is cuter than mine :)

Don't forget to link up tomorrow for 
Tricks of the Trade Thursdays

5 comments :

  1. I love that make up a word thing- I've just printed it to use today!

    I'm about to start implementing post it notes more too... I hadn't even thought of requesting the kids to bring them in. But why not?! The think that's put me off implementing them fully up until now is how many I'd go through $$$

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pins! As for the sticky notes, I have it on the kids supply list. They bring in some, and when they run out, I will supplement. Best of both worlds!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pins! I am totally going to have to follow your pinterest boards now. :)

    We are sticky note crazy at my school. As far as supplying them to the students we do half and half. The students have sticky notes on their supply list that gets dumped into a "classroom community pile," and then we also have them in the teacher supply room.

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I buy them on sale, get some from the supply cupboard, and the kids bring their own. I ask parents for 3 things on Back to School Night: tissue, glue sticks, and Post It Notes. They are really good about it. Most years we have plenty:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for linking up! I love those reading foldables! Also you know I love me some sticky notes! ;-) I usually supply stickies for my kiddos because I want them to ACTUALLY stick- and sometimes they'll bring in the cheap ones that won't stick over and over once you peel them up.
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow Me On Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.