Sunday, June 16, 2013

Must-Read Mentor Text: Solids, Liquids, and Gases

Hello friends!
Today's "Must-Read Mentor Text" theme is Science.
Boy and Girl Science Kids Examining Bugs
And I'm going to share one of my favorite books for covering solids, liquids, and gases...
What Is the World Made Of?
by Kathleen Weidner
It's a fun book that explains the concepts in an easy-to-understand way and provides TONS of concrete examples of solids, liquids, and gases that we see on a daily basis.

Here are some sample pages from Amazon:

After introducing the concept with the book, 
I love to incorporate StudyJams! from Scholastic
They have some AWESOME ideas: videos, activities, and
easy-to-follow instructions for the teacher.

I have also created a set of States of Matter Task Cards:


And, like all of my packets, I like to give copies away for free!
With this packet, I am going to do a
PIN IT to WIN IT giveaway! :)
Just pin one of the pictures above and
leave a comment with the URL of your pin.
I will choose TWO winners on Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. I have the book and would love to win your packet!

    http://pinterest.com/pin/145944844147423800/

    rachelmd93@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great book! I like how simple it is - not too much information on each page :)

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great series of books! Thanks much for sharing your great ideas...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/164944405075369902/
    beth.shavelson@browardschools.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Study Jams has a great song to go with States of Matter. Our kids loved it and still sing it in school!

    Rosie
    Rosie's Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this book! This is how I start our water cycle unit! I also love Study Jams! Your unit looks great!!

    http://pinterest.com/pin/23362491789972454/
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this book too! I have not heard of Study Jams. I am off to check that out- thanks!

    Gwen
    Learning With Mrs. Brinn

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.