Five for Friday: A Life-Changing Week!

In the past eight days, my life changed.
Drastically.
As many of you know, my hubby got his Masters from NYU in May and we were on the hunt...for anyone who would pay him to do what he loves :)
Which is archiving, or preserving, arranging, digitizing, and organizing documents and artifacts.

So we had been searching.
And applying.
And applying some more.

And then last Thursday, he received a call.
Then he had an interview.
Then the next day he got a call
asking if he would be willing to fly out.
So we hopped on a plane.
He had the second interview...
and was offered the job on the spot!
We spent the day exploring and apartment hunting.

So, the next stop in our joy-filled journey will be....
Seattle, Washington!

In a little over 2 weeks, I will officially be...
Any other Washington bloggers out there?

We couldn't be more thrilled!
And nervous.
And excited. 
And sad.

AND...
it gets better...
Not only did hubby get a job...
but I did too! 

I inquired about a school on Saturday morning.
Monday afternoon I got a call asking if I could come in
immediately for an interview.
Tuesday I filled out the application.
Wednesday I was notified that I was chosen!
Christian school.
5th grade.
No joke.
God is so faithful!

So in less than a week, we found both had jobs across the country.
Oh, and we leased an apartment in our spare time.

The rest of my week has been filled with...
List-making
PACKING!
Endless Phone Calls
Moving Details/Research
Well that's my Five for Friday!
fiveforfriday
Stay tuned for further news of our adventures in Seattle!

18 comments :

  1. Awesome! That is really good news:) I had a feeling that everything was going to work out - it usually does when you let go and have faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying to live there and will be visiting in August! Good luck! :-)

    Real Teachers Learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! God is good! Congratulations to both of you. I can't wait to read about your teaching in Washington. Sending warm wishes and prayers for a safe and uneventful move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great news! Congratulations!!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to both you and your husband! God is so good. You have got to love how he works out all the details when we are faithful! My brother lived in Washington for three years (he is in the Navy) and he loved it. Praying for you!

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is so good!! Congrats!! Can't wait to continue to read about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful news! I am so happy everything worked out so well. Amazing!

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica!!! This is SO exciting. God is SO good. Y'all are so blessed. I'm so happy for the pair of you!

    Best of luck in Seattle :) :)
    Brittany
    Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Smokes, Jessica! What a week indeed! Welcome to the "Best" Coast :) {Obviously I'm a little partial being from California!} Yay for you and your husband! Seattle is awesome! Get yourself a super cute pair of rainboots and umbrella!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica that is awesome! Congrats to your hubs! It's nice to know that things worked out. I'll probably be in the same boat next year when my hubs graduates with his PhD. I'll be asking you for a little job karma!
    Meanwhile, I'll be sending prayers to you about finding an awesome job!
    Michele

    Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is FANTASTIC! For everything there is a reason :)

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowee girly!! That's awesome! Congrats!!! Talk about a real journey!! :)
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Congratulations to both you and your hubby! Best of luck with all of your packing. Safe travels!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to you both! How awesome that you both found jobs in a week! You will love Seattle. It is one of my favorite cities to visit. So much to do and it's beautiful. Good luck with the moving!

    ~Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATULATIONS to both of you. God is good! I have a soft spot for Washington. I graduated from high school and met my husband there. We have many relatives from the Puyallup area and visit at least once a year. You are probably tired of hearing this already but make sure and pack your rain gear! All of that rain makes it beautiful and green year round. I love it! Happy trails on your new journey, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm excited for your new adventure! What an amazing story about God providing BOTH jobs! Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. God is good! We will miss you guys and Jess, it will be difficult to find someone to do the narration and story telling during our concerts like the way you do! Jonathan, you have been and continue to be a friend and guide to Prantik. Thank you for that!
    May God bless you richly in your new adventure and bless those around you both whose lives you will be touching.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.