Superlatives: Biggest, Strongest, Fastest

Happy Sunday!
I want to give a HUGE thanks to everyone who joined up
with our Tricks of the Trade linky last Thursday:
I *LOVED* reading all of your Tricks of the Trade! 
I pinned SO many ideas for my bulletin boards next year :)
If you still have an idea you want to post, it's not too late! The Bulletin Board linky will be open through Wednesday. 
But then it will be taken down because we have our next topic...
Be thinking about your best tried and true Tricks of the Trade 
for getting your students' attention and
minimizing wasted time during transitions. 
The linky will go live on Thursday morning - I can't wait to read all of your fabulous ideas!

Now, without further adieu, 
I am linking up with Collaboration Cuties
for their "Must-Read Mentor Text" linky:

This week's subject is Language Arts and because we've been studying adjectives, I want to share one of my favorite books for teaching superlatives
or adjectives that compare two or more things:
This is an incredible book filled with interesting animal facts. 
During our Adjectives Adventure Unit we spent two days studying superlatives. Once I opened the book and started reading the interesting facts, my students were hooked! As I went through the book, I had the students raise a finger every time they head a superlative in the book. This book has TONS of examples - their fingers got a work out :)


My kiddos had so much fun with these
activities to supplement the book: 
Click HERE to check it out in my TpT store.

And just for you, my faithful followers, I have a
FREE *sampler* from the packet:

 A FUN and ENGAGING "I have...Who Has" game
to be played after reading the book.

It covers both superlatives and
interesting animal facts- a win-win!
Click here for your free sampler:
"Animal Superlatives - I Have...Who Has"

Head on over to Collaboration Cuties and link up!
Collaboration Cuties

But before you go...
I am SO CLOSE to 200 Followers...and I am planning a FABULOUS giveaway!
But I need YOUR help!
If you're willing to donate a product, please fill out the form:

7 comments :

  1. Fabulous suggestion for superlatives! Thanks for sharing. :)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I'm following you now :-) And you are SO close to 200 followers!

    I donated to your giveaway!
    Sarah
    MissKinBK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books that teach parts of speech. Thanks so much for this book suggestion and the activity - love it!!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the suggestion. This looks like a book my kiddos would love! The freebie is great too - thanks!
    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas! I love this author and this book. I think I will pair it with another one I have for use next year. :0)

    Have a great week,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great book, I have it somewhere on my self and totally forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder!

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! A grammar link up!! This looks great, and so does your pack!! And, I think I have this book but I always forget about my grammar texts!! Thanks for the reminder!

    You are at 201! Hooray!! Congratulations!! Thanks for linking up!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.