Must-Have Monday: Supplies for the Classroom

I am home from a wonderful day in NYC,
watching my hubby graduate with his Masters from NYU!!!
Doesn't he look smart?!? :)
It was an awesome day of celebration...and good food!
We went to Becco, which is an incredible Italian restaurant owned by Lidia Bastianich (from the Food Network) in midtown Manhattan:
It was delicious. Seriously delicious.
Dangerously delicious. :)


We spent the day frolicking around Manhattan and I enjoyed my last personal day of the school year (totally worth it!) 
I must do something teachery today, so I'm going to link up with Sabra from Teaching with a Touch of Twang for her new linky: Must-Have Mondays

Isn't that button CUTE? Talk about awesome blossom :)

Here a couple of must-have items from my classroom:
Colorful Dot Stickers
I LOVE these stickers - I use them to organize my classroom library books. Each genre has a special color and it helps the students know at a glance what type of book it is and helps my "librarian" (classroom job, changes weekly) put the books back on their proper shelf.

Page Protectors
When I have a special project or display that uses a lot of little pieces, I stick all of them together in a sheet protector to keep it organized in my binder with the assignment cover sheet, the project packet, and the rubric.
You can even photocopy a worksheet in a page protector - doesn't show on your copy and it makes keeping track of your masters a lot easier!

Sticky Notes
I use sticky notes for EVERYTHING!
Notes to students, to coworkers, to myself... :)
I color-code them for different subjects/things to-do
I use them record students who are missing assignments, tardies, blogging ideas

Popsicle Sticks
Popsicle sticks really come in handy in my classroom. At the beginning of the year, I write each student's name on one and use it to choose volunteers, call on students, assign partners, etc.

These items are all of my to-replenish-list for the summer:
Link up with these two fabulous ladies (Sabra and Pinkadots) to share your must-have items for this year and next!




This week's Tricks of the Trade  topic is...
drum roll please...
....
.....
Field Trips - how do you schedule them, organize them, manage them, etc. What types of activities do you do before, during, and/or after your trips?
Can't wait to read your tips on Thursday!

5 comments :

  1. I can't imagine teaching without sticky notes. They are my life-line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love page protectors and sticky notes! What a great idea to use color stickers for genres in your class library - totally stealing that idea. Congrats to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your husband! And to you! You day in NYC sounds wonderful! My must have list sounds a great deal like yours, Jessica, but I have to add one thing, something new for me this year: whiteboard crayons!!!! LOVE THEM... no odor, no accidentally rubbing against and erasing. Definitely getting another set for next year.

    Have a great week!
    Angela
    The Teacher's Desk 6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the hubster!!! And can I tell you how super jealous I am about eating at Becco?! YUM! Those dots are a great idea! Where did you buy all the different colors? And how have I not been following you?! You're on my blog list, Facebook, Instagram, etc.! Sorry for failing in the blogging buddy area, lol. I fixed it now :o) Thanks for linking up!

    Sabra
    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your hubby and it looks like you had a GREAT personal day! Wonder if I can slip one of those in before the end of the year...I still have almost 3 weeks... ;)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.