Three Favorite Areas of My Classroom (and a freebie!)

I wave to you today, my friends, from the couch, where I have spent several hours today.
Am I sick? No.
Am I injured? No.
Am I on Spring Break? YES YES YES! 
WAHHHOOOOO!
To celebrate, I'm having a "Spring Break Sale" in my stores! 
All spring-related items are 20% for the ENTIRE week! 
Click on the buttons to the right to visit my stores ------->

Now - I am linking up with Latoya from "Flying Into First":

The topic this week is Top 3. 
Here are my favorite 3 areas of my classroom:

1. Classroom Library
I LOVE books. All types. All genres. I am SOLD! 

Looking to increase your classroom library? 
Here are some ways I've gotten books:
1. Garage Sales - tell them you're a teacher (and give them a pitiful look) and they might just knock the price down! :)
2. Libraries - My local library has a free book section that I check weekly. I usually come away with 5-10 books each time!
3. Scholastic Book Orders - if you don't send these catalogs home, you must! I've gotten TONS of free books and coupons through these.
4. Used book stores - my hubby and I have a book collecting problem. People often joke about the number of book shelves in our apartment. You know that saying, "I'll buy books and then whatever money I have left over, I'll buy food with" ? Yeah, that's us. Our ideal date night is dinner out and then hours spent in dusty, used book stores, hunting for treasures. 
5. Students! At the beginning of the year, I put a plea out to parents. Please donate your used and unwanted books. No matter the book nor the condition, I'll take em! I got a lot of generous donations this year.

2. Supply Cabinets
As a teacher without a closet in my classroom (yes, life is rough!) I would be LOST without my supply cabinets. 
 They are big. They are bulky. They are heavy. They are quite ugly. But they hold a special place in my heart. I have two of these bad boys and each drawer is chalked-full of resources, games, extra supplies, etc. 
Plus I LOVE my student mailbox - it has lasted for two years and is still going strong! It is so easy to pass back papers, notes, notices from the office. Definitely a time-saver.

3. Look Whoooo's In Our Room
This is a display outside my classroom door - each student has an owl with their name on it. 
I bought this mini rug at Target for $2.50! 
I LOVE the Dollar Spot - it's my home away from home :) I labeled the owl "Mrs. Lawler" and created a speech bubble that says "We're going to have a HOOT this year!"
Now this picture is from the fall (hence the leaves). In the winter I replaced them with snowflakes and spring with flowers.
Close-up on the student owls:
Want more sneak peaks inside my classroom? Looking for a fun, functional, and versatile theme? 
Check out one of my new header sections:
ANDDD just in case you missed my post yesterday, I have a FREEBIE for you!
This is normally $2 in my TpT store...but for my faithful blog followers, I would like to offer it for FREE! 
Last thing (I promise!)...
I recently (okay, yesterday) created a
Facebook page for my blog.
Please "like it" - I plan on doing weekly Flash Freebies and all sorts of fun things for my fans :)
And as added incentive, if you "like it" come back and leave me a blog comment and I'll let TWO winners choose ANYTHING from my store!


Phew! Thanks for persevering all the way to the end. I'm settling back into the couch now :)

9 comments :

  1. Hope you have a great spring break. I love the posters you have in your reading area. I often get books from the local library but have never asked parents before - that will be going on my September newsletter for sure. Off to like your new FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your reading area looks so comfortable!
    Love your blog!!

    Jessica

    Fluttering in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just "liked" your Facebook page and I LOVE your reading area! ;)
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through the linky party. Your library is wonderful! Makes me want to come on over to read a book myself! Thanks for sharing!

    -Liz
    Love, Live, and Teach

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also a book collecting addict -- love 'em! Thanks for the great ideas. Have a wonderful break!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the freebie and enjoy your Spring Break :)

    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the freebie! ...you've just been "liked" by me as well :)

    Christy
    Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked you on FB! I'm on vacation as well...I love that I can sleep late all week!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.