Mentor Text: King Bidgood's in the Bathtub

Happy Sunday, blogging buds!
"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

I am a multi-tasking master! I am currently: curling my hair, listening to worship music, and working on this blog post at the same time! I'm pretty impressed with my skills :)

I wanted to take a quick minute to join Amanda and Stacia for their "Must-Read Mentor Texts" linky party.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week's theme is Language Arts and I have chosen a book that is very special to me because this is the book that sparked my husband's love of learning...as a 6-year-old! A struggling reader, books were NOT his favorite thing - until he found this book:
King Bidgood's in the Bathtub by Audrey Wood and Don Wood is a creative, imaginative story about a King who refuses to leave his bathtub! Different members of the court tried to lure him out, but none prevail. None, that is, but a resourceful page who comes up with an ironic solution to the plaguing problem :)


My kids LOVE this book! It's funny, the text is in a repeated sing-songy pattern so by page 5, they are reciting with me, and the illustrations are INCREDIBLE!.


If you haven't read this book, go and order it now! I have two copies in my classroom library - one new and one that once belonged to my husband! :)


Signature

6 comments

  1. I LOVE this book! This one takes me back to when I was student teaching many moons ago. I can just get lost in the illustrations. I appreciate you sharing your experiences with this text! I am really enjoying this mentor text link up...

    All the best--
    Sarah @ Hoots N' Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this book. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too! And it always gets some giggles. :)
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey


    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this book but the illustrations are definitely gorgeous!!! What a neat story you can share with your students about that book!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    I'm amazed at your ability to multi-task! I just can't hack it anymore!!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this book! One of my struggling readers reads it OVER and Over!

    Michaela
    The Center Based Classroom

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top