Jessie Castaway - Reporting Live from a Deserted Island!

When I was growing up, my grandparents had a screen-saver on their computer called "Johnny Castaway"
While the computer was inactive, Johnny the Castaway would sit on his lonely island and try to survive (aka entertain the people watching). 
He would try to fish, build structures, climb the palm tree to pick coconuts, etc. He was hilarious. Or he was to a 6 and a 7-year-old :) My brother and I LOVED to just sit and watch him. My mom would come in and tell us it was time to stop playing on the computer - and we would complain that we hadn't even started playing yet! :)


Today I'm joining Latoya and pretending that I am "Jessie Castaway"
I'm a marooned cast-away who's been left on a deserted island and I can only bring three things. In an ideal situation, I would bring:

1. My New York Yankees blanket 

It will probably get cold at night - and I want to represent my boys!

2. My Kindle - I don't leave home without it! I would be lost without my latest novel, the Bible, Fruit Ninja, and the Internet. I'm assuming, of course, that the deserted island would have Wi-Fi :)

3. Mousse!
I don't know about you - but when I'm out in the ocean water and sun all day long, my hair does not want to cooperate! I will bring along a bottle of my trusted, handy-dandy mousse to define my curls and keep them under control- so that when I get rescued my hair will be looking good...and I'll smell lovely too! :)


What three items would you bring?
Join the fun and link up with "Flying into First Grade"

2 comments

  1. Great thinking! A blanket would be a good choice! You can use it to lay on in the sun and then wrap up with it at night. A total bonus is your hair would look great for when you were rescued:) You don't happen to have curly hair do you?
    Kristy
    The Phonics Phenomenon

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top