Goals for May

Happy Monday, everyone!
I made it through my first day back after Spring Break - phew! 
And my coworker Rose shared the fabulous news that we only have 6 more Mondays! 
Where did the time go?

As May is quickly approaching, my heart is racing and mind is scrambling to think about all that needs to get done before the end of the school year.
Jessica from "I {heart} Recess" is having a very timely linky - "May Goals"
I {Heart} Recess

Here are my goals for the month:
Personal: I really want to start planning out our dinner menus more effectively. This will help me grocery shop more economically and won't leave me scrambling to find something or stressing because I didn't defrost something after I've left the house. I also need to peruse my Pintrest boards and flag recipes I want to try. I have pinned about 1 million, but have tried like 15 :)

Health: After-Easter sales are killing me! I LOVE LOVE LOVE jelly beans and bought a BUNCH of bags after Easter. Then my husband bought me a couple of bags. Then a coworker gave me a bag. Then my mom...you get the picture. But now they're in my house, calling out to me! And I too often heed their call :)

Blogging: I am so close to 200 followers and I can't wait to host a giveaway! If you don't currently follow me, please do :) It will increase my joy!

School: I really want my students to become better writers. I am determining now to have a valuable writing assignment each week that I can meet with my students to conference about. This way I can help them see the errors and take ownership of their writing so that they understand what is wrong and how to fix it for the next time.

Fun: When I was in high school, I would come down to Manhattan to go to a doctor about once a month. My mom would make the day special by letting me take the rest of the day off and we'd trek around New York City! One of our favorite things to do was tour different exhibits at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We haven't been in several years now and are making plans to go in May. I am moving after the school year, so this might be our last opportunity for an easy visit.

And in keeping with the theme of May,
I have a FREEBIE for you... 
Mother's Day is May 12th this year and this packet includes 4 cute and creative writing activities that can be adapted for a variety of grades.
Click HERE to grab your FREEBIE:
"Mother's Day Poetry Activities"
ENJOY!
Oh - and if you download it, please leave feedback :)
Click here to grab lots of other freebies:
ALSO...don't forget that I'm launching a brand new linky on Thursday:

Our first edition will be this THURSDAY:

Please LIKE my new Facebook page:

7 comments

  1. Thanks for linking up! Can't wait for your linky on Thursday! I need to go back to meal planning too, it does save money and make life a bit easier. I laughed at your jelly bean addiction, I ate a whole bag working on my Monster Math Unit over Spring Break!

    Yay for 6 more Mondays!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same person goal!!! It's so easy to fall into that non-menu planning trap. I love that feeling when you get close to a blog milestone! Can't wait for your celebration!

    Sabra
    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go through my waves of meal planning too. It is such a great tool and in theory it should not be too hard but it always seems easier said than done! When we meal plan...we save money and eat healthier (a win-win!) But for some reason I can't stay consistent with it...maybe May will be my month to get back to meal planning as well!

    Amanda
    Learning to the Core

    Glad I found your blog! :) I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha you sound exactly like me with Pinterest! I have to remember to take the time to go back and actually do some of the awesome things I've pinned! I'm going to go find your new facebook page now :)

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of your Thursday linky and could not agree more with your meal planning goal. It saves so much time and money when you plan out the week...but sometimes easier said than done! Your newest follower...

    http://katesclassroomcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently started planning out my meals for the week and it does indeed make grocery trips more economical, and saves me time! I found a cute planner on pinterest and naturally printed it in color.. I thought maybe I'd be more likely to use it if it were pretty. So far, so good! Hopefully you'll get to your blogging goal soon--I'm following! :)

    Mandy
    The 4th Grade Journey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your idea of planning "dinner menus!" I also have difficulty grocery shopping in an effective way! I actually created a "dinner menu" document from about 10 pinterest recipes that were easy to make... I would keep it in a pocket in my purse, so that anytime I wen grocery shopping I always had it! I thought it was going to really motivate me to be better about grocery shopping..of course it worked for about 2 weeks...and then I went back to my bad habits! ugggh!! :( I hope you have better success and can stick with your plan!!

    I am your newest follower!! Almost to 200!!
    -Caitlin
    Table Talk with C & C

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top