Cuttlebug Creations!




Today I want to share an idea for Holly's
"Tried-it Tuesday" linky:
 
This week I am on Spring Break (have I mentioned how excited I am?!) and I want to share an idea that is not teacher related. I've been spending a lot of time today indulging my other passion...crafting!

I an a hardcore scrapbooker and card-maker and today I spent several delightful hours doing just that!

Here's my idea/tutorial for today's Tried-It Tuesday:

Have you seen the Cuttlebug before? It's a wonderful machine (and the name brings a smile to my face every time!) that takes basic paper and embosses it with a creative pattern.

Here's how it works:

1. Start with a plain piece of paper: 

2. Slip it inside a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: 

Here is my collection of folders:

Slide the folder in between the "A" plates.
Put the "A" plates on top of the "B" plate and slide into the machine: 
*Use Plate "C" if using a non-Cuttlebug brand folder.

Turn the handle to move the plates through the machine:

And...
*VOILA!* 

Your paper is now embossed and ready to use!

Cuttlebugs are incredibly handy tools that can dress up any project.
You can usually find one on sale for about $50 - and the folders are usually between $3 and $6 each. 
It's definitely worth every penny!
Click HERE to check it out on Amazon.

Here are some other samples of my crafting adventure today:







Thanks for indulging my non-teacher post - it was nice to share another part of my heart with you :)


Signature

3 comments

  1. We just had my daughter's birthday party at Michael's and I was introduced to the Cuttlebug - you are right it is amazing. I love your creations. I am scared to get into card making and scrapbooking because I think I would be obsessed.

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think I need to get this for scrapbooking! I LOVE embossed papers and have seen this floating around. Buying things is like an obsession and I have steered clear of card making supplies so far. Last summer I started buying stamps...uh oh!! I just need more TIME (I am a pretty slow scrapper!).
    Love your creations, Jessica!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to get into digital scrapbooking, but I haven't found the time yet. I enjoy regular scrapbooking, but my animals always make it difficult. They try to lay right in the middle of my stuff.
    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack
    Balancing the Backpack

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top