Currently April - Plus an Earth Day Freebie!

Happy April, Everyone!
Ahhh April - the promise of Spring fills the air - and it energizes this teacher!

Here's my Currently for the month...

^Hop on over to "Oh Boy Fourth Grade" to link up!^
Oh' boy fourth grade

BUT...before you head over, I want to say THANK-YOU to you, my faithful bloggy readers. And for you - and you ONLY! - I have a freebie for you - just in time for April:

Earth Day is April 22nd and it's an opportune time to talk with your students and children about doing our part to keep the earth clean.

"To Recycle or Not to Recycle..That is the Question" is a fun sorting activity where students draw cards with items listed and must decide if that item is recyclable or non-recyclable. An answer key is included.

This is a 12-page packed, filled with fun and engaging activities that leave your students knowing a valuable life skill.

Also included is an acrostic poem template for "RECYCLE."
  

Grab your FREE copy by clicking here: To Recycle or Not to Recycle...That is the Question
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
Oh - this is what I'm going to write on my board tomorrow for Homework:
  • Read the dictionary
  • Choose a volume of the encyclopedia, read it in it's entirety, and write a book review
  • Write your multiplication facts 100 times each
  • Write a paragraph defining each of your spelling words. Your paragraph must include: part of speech, country of origin, pronunciation, definition, and a short story demonstrating that you understand the meaning of the word.
Just a little delayed April Fool's fun - I can't wait to hear them panic! :)


9 comments

  1. Really? You have to wait until the END of April? That's just cruel and unusual punishment. Sending you energy to make it!

    LOVE your advice about taking lots of pictures. That really is key. I have a little point and shoot camera I keep in my classroom so I can snap pictures when inspiration strikes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice for sure! That is my favorite part of everyones blog. I love seeing what everyone is doing. I love your recycling product - I am going to go put it in my cart. I don't know what is worse - the END of April or the BEGINNING of March - We had ours then and I am already ready of another break! So glad to find your blog!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your homework assignment for tomorrow. I think my kids would be shell shocked! Thanks for the Earth Day freebie! I just posted my Earth Day packet too and I am giving away a copy over at my blog. Hope you can use it in your classroom!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your advice about taking pictures! I totally agree! Besides using for your blog, I have also used them for evaluations and job interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Earth Day Freebie, thanks. I am having an Earth Day link up at my blog if you want to link this post, its perfect! Fun in K/1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your homework assignment! Since I forgot to do my prank today, I am going to do it tomorrow. I am going to go to the letter punch machine (Edison?) and punch out some brown colored "E's", put them in a glass dish with tinfoil on top, and serve them to the class as brownies! hahaha I am your new follower and a fellow East Coaster!
    Have a great week!
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I wish I had thought of that homework for today!! How funny!!! Thanks for the freebie. Looks great. :-)
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing the free recycling activities! I will add them to the Earth Day activities I created for this year...

    All the best--
    Sarah M. @ Hoots N' Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing! I found you on the April Currently! Good advice for us al!
    Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top