Can It Actually Rain Cats and Dogs?

I've shared about my love of idioms before
...and I'm here to do it again!

I am linking up with Collaboration Cuties
Collaboration Cuties 
for their fabulous "Must-Have Mentor Text" linky party.

This week's theme is SCIENCE and I'm here to share one of my favorite books to use when teaching science topics:


This is an awesome book, chalked full of interesting facts and explanations about weather's most basic concepts.
Questions range from simple to complex and play on a child's natural curiosity. They also explain the literal meanings of a lot of weather-related idioms. I love to whip this book out and read a couple of pages as an attention-grabber at the beginning of a weather unit and then read it again at the end of the unit and have students jump up when they hear something we learned in class.


As an extension of the book (and to complement a study of idioms), I have created this FUN and ENGAGING
"Weather Idioms" Concentration Game:



This is normally $2 in my TpT store...but for my faithful blog followers, I would like to offer it for FREE!
Click here to download :)

ALSO... I have created this awesome (if I do say so myself!) packet of 25 Idiom Posters.
And TWO  lucky winners will get it for FREE!
How do you win this awesome packet, you may ask?
...
.....
.......
By "liking" my brand-spankin'-new Facebook page

"Like" my page and then leave me a comment with your Facebook name and e-mail and I'll be randomly drawing TWO names to send a FREE Idioms Poster Packet!

AND THE WINNERS ARE...

Congratulations Holly and Bethany - the Idiom Poster Packets are on their way! :)

9 comments

  1. Thank you for the freebie! I love the Q&A books. I haven't used that one before, I'm going to have to add it to my wishlist. I'm "like" number 3 on your Facebook page.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this book idea- we have a great time playing with idioms in fourth grade! I'm so surprised how many students are stumped by some of them every year- thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't study weather, but I'm loving your freebie! I'll use it during language arts! Thanks!!!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the freebie. I see an Idiom/Weather Workstation in my classrooms's future! :) I liked your Facebook page, but I would have done that even if it didn't get me a ticket into your drawing. ;)
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, how awesome you are for giving it to us for free! Love you!!!! I'm soooooo excited about that game!!

    We just started a FB page too!! But you'll here more about it in a bit... we'll be doing a giveaway too!! I think you and I have the same brain going these days, and I can't think of someone better that I could share that brain with! Great minds think alike!! :O)

    I'm heading over to like you now!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited about your facebook page...I liked it!

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, thank you for the idiom freebie!!! You are SO sweet:) I love that you have a fb page now! I think I am going to have to breakdown and make one because how else can I interact with all my bloggy friends? They don't really know who I am when I comment with my personal page! I already liked you (from my personal page...haha!).
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I love the idioms that you are sharing for free (Thank you so much!) AND the posters are super cute! I'm going to like your new FB page right now. :)
    Stephanie
    Middle School Matters Blog

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Thoughts? Leave a note below: I LOVE comments! I like to reply to comments via e-mail (so we can start a blogging friendship). Please check your settings to make sure you are not a No-Reply Blogger. Contact me with questions.

Back to Top